PDA

View Full Version : PGA Tour Children's Miracle Network Classic

EPCOT84
10-27-2007, 02:52 PM
This coming week WDW will be site of an annual PGA Tour :golf: event. This year it has a new sponsor, the Childrens Miracle Network and Walmart. For awhile it was the Funai Classic.

This event is a way to get a bit of Disney when you aren't there. I always liked hearing the MK train whistle blowing while the guys are putting and just to see Poly and MK in the background

TV coverage switched this year from ABC to the Golf Channel. I'm bummed 'cause I don't have that channel :cry:

Question: Anyone been at WDW during the tournament? I don't think there will be any major players this year but in the past how were the crowds, if any, and the atmosphere?

Maleficent's Dad
10-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Without the two "big guns," (Woods & Mickelson), television ratings drop significantly for tournaments. Since the FedEx Cup was the "season ending championship," the networks all knew that Tiger and most of the top tier players wouldn't be in Orlando this week. Thus, they all passed on network coverage and the Golf Channel got it. Amazing that ABC - who is part of Disney - isn't covering the event nationally.

I guess college football generates better audiences and thus more commercial revenue.