PDA

View Full Version : Bklyn Chick's DL Trip Day 6: 10/19/07

BklynChick
10-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Up early again (6:30am) to grab breakfast at White Water Snacks before DL opened at 8:00am. Since we weren’t making the mad dash for Nemo, I thought we would spend time around Main Street, but there wasn’t much going on. Last trip there were lots of characters there at opening...maybe because of all the Halloween stuff? There was also a film crew near the big Mickey Pumpkin - looked like it might have been a local news show doing a segment. Since we already did Tomorrowland and Fantasyland, we headed for Adventureland. Indy was indeed up and running (double YAY!) so I left Mom to shop while I rode (10 minute wait). I really love this ride, I wish they would bring to MGM to replace the stunt show. Next we rode Jungle Cruise with no wait - had a really good skipper. Loved seeing “the back side of water”! Then I literally dragged Mom into Tiki Room - there were only four or five of us there for the show. Tip: even if the theater is empty, don’t sit in the front row - otherwise you end up craning your neck a lot to see everything.

Next stop was Frontierland. We took the first cruise of the day on the Mark Twain, then Mom waited while I rode BTMRR. Only a five minute wait - it was empty on this side of the park. Then a quick walk to New Orleans Square, where we did POTC and Haunted Mansion Holiday. I love the refurb they did on POTC - made a great ride even better. I continue to be amazed at how beautiful Haunted Mansion Holiday is - Mom wasn’t familiar with The Nightmare Before Christmas so I had to explain it to her.

On to Critter Country where we waited 5 minutes for Winnie the Pooh, then did some shopping.

At this point we had pretty much done all the rides according to the park map...but wait, what about Toontown? Oops, I had completely forgotten about the Toontown Madness tickets we had for that morning! Oh well. Neither of us are huge fans of Toontown and we got a lot done early in the parks. We decided we would try to hit Toontown later if we had the chance. For now, we were going to see some shows before lunch.

Back to Frontierland for the 11am show of Billy and the Hillbillies - lots of fun! Then we went to Woody’s Halloween Roundup. This is a really cute setup - they have an area where you can pose for pictures, a petting zoo (I avoided that since I have issues with petting zoos - long story dating back to when I was a toddler), arts and crafts, character meet and greets and a stage show. You get to see Woody, Jessie and Bullseye.

I wanted pizza for lunch so we headed to Redd Rocket’s Pizza Port and found that the right side of the park was PACKED!! I could not believe the difference in crowds between the left and right sides of the park. Space Mountain was 45 min, Nemo was 75 min and the Matterhorn line was completely around the mountain. Boy am I glad we did that side of the park on Tuesday!

After lunch I went in search of a Nemo pin I had seen earlier in the week (not every store in the park has the same exact pins, I found). Plus I actually traded a pin! Normally I’m not interested but we got two of the same free pins with our vacation package, and the CM had a really cute pin with a Mickey head and “07".

Went to Toontown, waited 25 min for Roger Rabbit, then took the DL Railroad back to Main Street. By this time it was hot and crowded. Decided to get ice cream at Gibson Girl and when we saw people grabbing spots in the shade for the parade, we figured we should eat our ice cream outside. I didn’t think I’d be able to finish the Chocolate Chip Cookie Hot Fudge Sundae but I proved myself wrong.

The parade was very nice, wished it was a little longer. Wasn’t able to get the best pictures because of the crows and the shadows at that time of day.

After the parade, I promised Mom we could go back to the room for a while (the heat was getting to her). On the way out, I picked up some Mickey Rice Krispie treats to take home (there’s one in my kitchen cabinet right now calling my name...) We used our park hoppers to get into DCA, and she went back to the room via the GCH entrance while I got the Photopass CD at Greetings from California. I couldn’t resist one last ride on Soarin - it was 75 minutes standby but I used the single rider line and did it in 20 min.

We returned to the park around 7pm. Made our way to The Plaza Restaurant and found a huge line out the door. Figuring everywhere else would be crowded as well (and really wanting that fried chicken) we waited. As soon as we came out at 8pm, we saw people had camped out in the hub for fireworks, so we grabbed the best spot we could and waited as well. I have to say, the fireworks were spectacular, but there was no Tink! Does she not fly anymore, or was it just an off night? But that was a teeny-tiny flaw against a really amazing show.

Back to the hotel to pack since we leave tomorrow...

Melanie
10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Sorry the heat and crowds caught up to you. But a really nice last day in the parks. The fireworks are amazing! :fworks:

tinkwest
10-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Sorry Tink wasn't able to make it to the fireworks showing you viewed. Her opening & closing flights around the castle are thrilling. Guess you'll just have to come back again!!

disneydrmr
10-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow, the Plaza is THAT popular? Guess we better plan to eat during an off time then... Have really enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks!

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you really made the most of your last full day. I am glad you enjoyed the Billys. Thanks for another fun report. :mickey: