PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip ever adr's

kaylamag
10-27-2007, 09:26 AM
My family is going to Disney World for our first trip ever January 26th-Febuary 5th. We are staying at POP, and i am a little nervous about making to early breakfast adr's so that's why they are all pretty late. Here is a list of our ADR's

Sat 26th- Nothing really planned here, we have an lunchtime arrival. I was thinking about dinner at Beaches n Cream, the kids want to share the Kithchen Sink!

Sun 27th- 9:50am breakfast at 1900 Parkfare.
Dinner at Whispering Cannon Cafe.

Mon 28th- I originally planned on dinner at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom, but now i think i will book the Yak and Yetti.

Tues 29th- My niece 16th birthday dinner at Hollywood and Vine.

Wed 30th- Dinner at Le Cellier

Thurs 31st- Dinner at Chef Mickey's

Fri 1st- Dinner at Garden Grill

Sat 2nd- Dinner at Sci Fi

Sun 3rd- Dinner at 50's Primetime Cafe...first day open after refrub.

Mon 4th- Dinner at Liberty Tree

Tues 5th- 9am breakfast at Ohana before we leave.

BronxTigger
10-27-2007, 09:36 AM
It looks like you have a good list lined up.

I LOVE Beaches and Cream! Dinner time can have long waits, especially for a family sized group. If you can, try to go for a late lunch/early dinner, because it should be less crowded between traditional meal times. Make sure you get a milkshake at this place.

My family has always gone to the Garden Grill....we went on our first trip and then every family trip after that. It's a tradition for us. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have over the years.

Have a GREAT first trip!

luvdiznee
10-27-2007, 09:46 AM
We've stayed at POP and found that their breakfast choices are good, so in case you have to grab something there, they do have good food. We've been to WCC a few times and have always been happy with the food there. Rainforest food is typical "chain" restaurant food, but it is still edible. For us it's the theming of the restaurant that mainly keeps us going back. But if you do decide Yak and Yeti, it would be nice to hear some reviews on it. When we went to H&V and Chef Mickey's their buffet choices were good. Good character interaction at Chef Mickeys. LeCellier was excellent for us. And again with SciFi, the theming is what brings us back. Although we've decided to switch to lunch only. Just like those food choices better. Have a great trip. :mickey:

tinksmom02
10-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I think you have a lot of great choices lined up! nice work for your first time!

I haven't been to all of your choices, but:
1900--we really enjoyed this breakfast. I think it's very nicely done, and when we went, it wasn't crowded at all (PS we were there around the same time as you, this year, and there were NO crowds at all. It was lovely!)

RFC--if you've done one, you've done them all. If there aren't any in your area, and your family's never been before, they'll probably enjoy it. But if you have the opportunity to try Yak & Yeti, I would change it.

We did lunch at Hollywood and Vine, and really enjoyed it.

Sci-Fi: I think everyone should go, at least once, for the atmosphere. Food, not so much (we only did snacks, though). I've heard that their burgers are better than some of their dinner selections, and that they will make them for you instead, if you ask, so you might want to keep that in mind.

LeCellier is awesome. We've only been able to get in for lunch, so I'm jealous you're going for dinner.

Chef Mickey's is fun, but very chaotic and loud. It's a great spot to meet characters, though, so that's less time you'll have to wait to see them in the parks.

We did breakfast at Ohana's in 2004, before they changed it over to Stitch, but I assume that the food is pretty much the same. We enjoyed it, and it's served family-style, so you'll get to relax a little more than you would at a buffet.

The other ones I haven't tried (yet!), but I've heard good things about all of them!

Enjoy!!

wendy*darling
10-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Great selections! :thumbsup:
The only thing I noticed was that you have 3 dinners in MGM Studios. I just thought that was a little heavy- but that's because we don't spend all that much time there. I have to add- I totally enjoy all 3 of the restaurants you have chosen at MGM.

Since your ADR for Prime Time is on there first day back after refurb- I would suggest making a back-up ADR in Epcot for that evening. Refurbs don't always finish on time (usually they do, but sometimes they are delayed). This way you would still have a plan. I would also remind you to cancel the one you won't be using as soon as you make a decision (during your trip).

We have dined at least once at everyone of your choices (except, of course, for Yak & Yeti!) and we would happily return to every one of them on future trips.

Have fun! :D

Jared
10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
You definitely made some great dining selections, but I agree with Linda about having so many meals at the Disney-MGM Studios. My family doesn't spend too much time at the park, so eating at three restaurants there would be overkill.

Regardless, thanks for sharing your reservations and enjoy the wonderful dining!

GrmGrninGost
10-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Wonderful choices! The only thing I would change would be the Sci-Fi Diner. I really believe you would be more satisfied if you picked another spot for dinner. It has a good reputation for snacks/dessert, maybe even sandwiches, but the entrees leave much to be desired. (IMHO). :mickey:

mousaholic
10-27-2007, 07:44 PM
We never miss the Sci Fi - - - we love the food and the atmosphere! Very relaxing and the kids really keep quiet and enjoy the old science fiction movie clips! I would recommend to atleast go once! You can keep an ADR there and just go in for appetizers and drinks or milk shakes...we did that on our last trip. Enjoy!:mickey:

kaylamag
10-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the opinions. Maybe we can do a lunch at Sci fi instead of dinner and have room for another epcot dinner.