PDA

View Full Version : A Little Pixie Dust Please!!!!!!!

poohmom787
10-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Sorry guys, I haven't been on here in a while, but have missed you all.

I just got a call from my Step-mom and she said that my father's leukemia has come out of remission and it is attacking his blood platelets which means that his blood is not clotting like it should. He is beginning treatments for the next 3 months. We were hoping the steroids would have done the job, but we are now faced with a new treatment. We could use some prayers and pixie dust for the treatment to work. If this treatment doesn't work we will be faced with either bone marrow transplant or chemo. With him being over 70, those options may not be easy on him. He has always been an extremely healthy person so it is hard to watch this progress the way it has.

Anyways, thank you for listening and for any good thoughts, prayers and large doses of pixie dust.

UPDATE
Just a little update of my dad. He began transfusions this weekend, but was able to get them outpatient. He will begin his treatments 3 times a week in about a week or two. We spoke to him today, but he was tired. The one thing I am really worried about is the fact that these treatments will leave him with a suppressed immune system. In our office there are people who come in sick all the time and I am afraid they will get him sick. How do you get people to stay home when they are ill? With this being a family business, what do we do????? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

laprana
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
lots and lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers coming your way! Best of luck to you, your dad, and your family!! Hang in there!

faline
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Sorry to hear. :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Dsnygirl
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your father - sending some prayers and :pixie::pixie: his way... and yours, too, as I imagine this is very hard to go through. :(

Beast_fanatic
10-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Much :pixie: on the way!

bucky at disney
10-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Prayers and healing :pixie::pixie: for your dad.

bucky at disney
10-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Prayers and healing :pixie::pixie: for your dad.

mrsgaribaldi
10-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie:on the way.

MsMin
10-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie: Please keep in touch!

disneydeb
10-27-2007, 04:03 PM
:pixie::pixie:Finding its way to your dad!

ElenitaB
10-27-2007, 04:51 PM
A boatload of :pixie: and also prayers for your dad!