PDA

View Full Version : Epcot-Mexican Pavilian

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 11:05 AM
:) I've heard that they are changing the ride at the Mexican Pavilian sometime in 2008. Does anyone have a scoop? What's the new ride going to be like?

LandFan
10-26-2007, 11:15 AM
They've already updated the old ride. It is now the Three Caballeros with Donald. It is the same ride, just different visuals.

krose78
10-26-2007, 02:24 PM
I know they are adding a tequila bar to the pavilion thats all i've heard they are doning to the pavilion now.

Maleficent's Dad
10-26-2007, 02:29 PM
I was given some info from the CM's at Mexico in August. This is what they told me.

As you walk into the pyramid, there is currently a (jewelry?) store to the right. That is where the tequila bar will go.

The jewelry store will be moved to the left side where KidCot is currently held. The Kidcot space is very large and has a lot of unused space.

They'll relocate the Kidcot station to somewhere smaller inside.

As stated, the ride is already done; IMHO, it's not a major upgrade...

Imagineer1981
10-26-2007, 03:09 PM
i was actually more disappointed in the new ride then the old one

JPL
10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
i was actually more disappointed in the new ride then the old one

I definately agree i think they definately could have incorporated some nice AAs throughout the ride. That last scene with the stage is screaming for them.

wedway76
10-26-2007, 03:46 PM
As you walk into the pyramid, there is currently a (jewelry?) store to the right. That is where the tequila bar will go.

The jewelry store will be moved to the left side where KidCot is currently held.

Two of my favorite things in the world are the Mexican Pavilion in EPCOT and Tequilas!!! I have a feeling that I’m going to be spending a lot of time there. :marg::marg::marg::marg:

My DW was upset to hear that the jewelry store was closing. It’s good to hear that they are just moving it…. Well she will be happy anyway, I could do without it, it always costs me money. :thumbsup:

So I guess it’s a Win-Win! :high5:

devoted93
10-26-2007, 10:39 PM
As stated, the ride is already done; IMHO, it's not a major upgrade... I'm one of the ones who thinks it's a major downgrade :(

The old one needed to be updated, but not like this.

ASweetLov
10-26-2007, 10:55 PM
I like the new ride. The Three Caballero's are awesome:mickey:

garymacd
10-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I definately agree i think they definately could have incorporated some nice AAs throughout the ride. That last scene with the stage is screaming for them.

Sorry. All I can think of when I hear or see AA is Alcoholics Anonymous. Um, I assume that isn't what you meant. What are AA's?:confused:

Cookie123
10-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I will bet that person meant

Audioanimatronics.

Is that one word or two?

Did I spell it right?

WDWfanatic742
10-27-2007, 11:16 AM
It's two words, Audio-Animatronics. It's the robots in the rides and shows. I wish that they could have made some AA's for the end of the ride instead of the screen.

garymacd
10-27-2007, 11:26 AM
I will bet that person meant

Audioanimatronics.

Is that one word or two?

Did I spell it right?

AAH, now I know. I wondered if that was what it meant after I posted. Thanks.

wedway76
10-27-2007, 01:18 PM
AAH, now I know. I wondered if that was what it meant after I posted. Thanks.

Ok now, what does the acronym AAH stand for? :confused:

. :)

DisneyTwirler13!
10-27-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't think that that one exists, but I could be wrong. I probaby am!:blush:

garymacd
10-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Ok now, what does the acronym AAH stand for? :confused:

. :)

I'll let you know when I come up with something REALLY crushing...or funny.

Stay tuned.:D

Maybe something like, oh, I don't know, Astronauts Acting Humourously.:confused:

chicade88
10-28-2007, 06:10 AM
I think that they meant "ahhh" but just capitalized it? :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
10-28-2007, 10:08 AM
They changed the ride over to the Three Caballeros. I enjoy the new version better than the old :sombrero:

garymacd
10-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I think that they meant "ahhh" but just capitalized it? :mickey:

Actually, you are mostly right. I did mean ahhh and I did capitalise it. But I am Canadian, and, as you know, our A's are longer.:D

Oh man, sometimes I crack myself up!

How about: Animals Advancing Husbandry?

martinfamily5
10-29-2007, 11:09 AM
We just got back on Saturday and were disappointed in the ride. It did need updated, but we didn't like the changed version.

4ubie1
10-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Being my favorite pavilion, I was alil nervous when I heard they were going to do work on the interior of the pyramid. Glad to hear that they are just moving stuff around. I have yet to ride the new attraction but I have been hearing mixed reviews. Some like it and some don't. :shrug:

tiaramom
10-29-2007, 01:17 PM
the new mexican ride
updated version is super cheesy!
not even disney cheesy cute
but cheesy bad!

Donald could have been animated liek small world- instead of the budget movie screens
its bad!
i always found this ride relaxing.... and romantic.

But,the good news is
my todler age 2 loved it!!!!

I couldnt stand the movie screens yuk!

JuicyMoose17
10-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Awww the old version was such a classic!

MickeyandTink
10-30-2007, 12:32 PM
It had been nearly 20 years since my last visit to WDW that I didn't even remember what the ride was like. However, DW, DD6 and I rode it last month and while I wasn't overly thrilled with it, it was one of DD6's favorites. Go figure?

rnin02
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM
Eww, we didn't like the new ride at all. We tried it twice...and it was just not good. The old ride needed some updates, but not like this! On the other hand, I'm looking forward to a Tequila bar!

like2workout
10-31-2007, 05:13 PM
i'm glad to see the 3 caballeros incorporated into disneyworld. i've always liked them!