PDA

View Full Version : Dream Fastpasses

disneycouple2004
10-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Can these fastpasses be purchased at the parks ??..there are several on ebay for sale..the seller says they bought them at the parks but didn't use them all..they are for Magic Kingdom immedite entry to the attraction one pass per rider per person..is this legite ??..why can't i find them for sale on any Disney website ??...any answers would be helpful....thanks..
:confused:

faline
10-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Dream fastpasses are not for sale. They are awarded (free) to guests on a random basis as part of Disney's current promotion - A Year of A Million Dreams.

bleukarma
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Dream Fastpasses can only be used on the day they were won.

You can get a fastpass for free at the park at a machine at the entrence to certain rides. No need to buy. All you need is your park ticket. :mickey:

CleveSJM
10-26-2007, 11:27 AM
The blue, cloudy looking ones are Dream Fastpasses and the sellers correctly state they are for souvenir or collection status only.

The paper re-entry passes are a scam. They are supposed to be non-transferable and only given out by cast member to people waiting in line for a ride that went out of service while the people were waiting. At over $11 a piece, someone would have to be incredibly :goofy2: to buy them.

MidnTPK
10-26-2007, 11:34 AM
I looked this up on eBay and they do not look legitimate.

If you look in the details for the Dream FastPasses, you'll see that they were only valid on that day (you can see this on a few of the pictures). The notes on the sellers page also says they don't think they'll work and are being sold as collectors items.

The other FastPasses for sale (which are not Dream ones, but passes that are distributed when a ride goes down) look like they might be counterfeit, or someone who found an unattended pile, or a cast member who took a pile of them. In any case, you're bound to encounter a problem if you bought them and tried to use them.

There's no way to buy FastPasses at WDW...Disneyland used to have a special FastPass perk for its on-site hotel guests (through AAA, but that program has reportedly expired), and Disneyland Paris has a program today where on-site hotel guests can get an immediate FastPass.

Strmchsr
10-26-2007, 11:35 AM
I checked out the auctions in question to make sure there wasn't a scam going on. As of today all of the actual "dream" fastpasses say clearly that you can only use them the day of and they are for collectible value, not for use in the parks. The one person trying to sell stuff for use in the parks has "dream fastpass" in the title, but what she's selling are courtesy re-entry passes. This is basically where you've waited in line, the ride breaks down, and they give you a re-entry to come back in any time. You also can't buy these, and I'm not sure Disney would be too happy about someone selling them. I definitely wonder how this person got so many due to the fact that they have 4-5 of these auctions going on and each one offering 12 re-entry passes. Sounds like a CM trying to make a buck on the side. I don't know that, it just looks fishy to have so many of those.

CleveSJM
10-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Also, if you read the paper ticket sellers own description they even say "we bought these and have several extra" and then say "you can't buy these."

The "make sure we are legal" line is cute too. Buy an envelope and get the tickets... Sick.

SCAM. Report it to eBay and get this seller thrown off.

disneycouple2004
10-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Also, if you read the paper ticket sellers own description they even say "we bought these and have several extra" and then say "you can't buy these."

The "make sure we are legal" line is cute too. Buy an envelope and get the tickets... Sick.

SCAM. Report it to eBay and get this seller thrown off.

EXACTLY..i noticed that...i was sure it was a scam..thats sad...and someone is already bidding on them...thanks for the input guys !!
:thumbsup:

DVCWDWMEMBER
10-26-2007, 12:28 PM
When we were in California in Feb 2007 we got Dream fast passes and they are only good for the day you received them.

Belle_0717
10-26-2007, 01:34 PM
At DS, my sister, her husband, my mom and I were ready to board Star Tours. We say the Dream Team members. They waited for the CM to do the intro for the ride then popped in and we all received FP for the day. They included Star Tours, RNRC, ToT, VotLM, Indiana Jones and LMA show. I only used RNRC and ToT. I have seen all three shows and didn't feel like going.

azdisneymom
10-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I, too, can't imagine Disney being happy someone has so many re-entry passes and is 'giving' them away in such a manner. Plus why would anybody be willing to pay for them?

McGoofy
10-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh my word!!! I just looked at that. The total is up to $178 with 8 hours to go still!!! Somebody is getting a big scam!!!!! The sellers very clearly say that you are bidding on a plain white envelope. I caught so many incorrect statements in their ad. WOW! Somebody is really going to be so sad that they wasted almost $200. I wish I knew what to do to stop them. Unfortunately, because they said that you are bidding on a plain white envelope, eBay won't refund the bidder's money when they do find out that it is a scam. My heart breaks for that bidder. I think it should still be reported because it is very shady. That's just sickening!!:thedolls:

McGoofy
10-27-2007, 01:41 PM
I just showed the eBay ads to my DH. He sent the seller an e-mail and told her that what she was doing was not right, and asked her how she could live with herself by ripping off unsuspecting people. Then he reported her to eBay under counterfeit. I hope she is stopped!! Some others of you should report her also to get eBay's attention.

gerald72
10-27-2007, 06:30 PM
I just showed the eBay ads to my DH. He sent the seller an e-mail and told her that what she was doing was not right, and asked her how she could live with herself by ripping off unsuspecting people. Then he reported her to eBay under counterfeit. I hope she is stopped!! Some others of you should report her also to get eBay's attention.

Why is this counterfeit? Suppose the buyer is actually getting an envelope with 12 fastpasses in it. Is there still a problem? The seller has 100% positive feedback, so apparently everyone is satisfied.
The only question is, where did the seller get all the fastpasses? Apparently, from the item description, they were bought on eBay and his family did not use them all.

capjack07
10-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Oh my , I could go on and on about this lady. I first learned about this seller on another Disney board.
She started by trying to sell guest assistance cards. After several irrate emails from people she pulled those auctions, saying she didnt know it was wrong to sell something like that ( um, hello???)
A week or so later she started in selling the re-entry passes. People emailed again her about it and told her these were not to be sold, it is illegal etc. She said had bought them on ebay before her trip and had spent a " small fortune" on them. She said she was just trying to get here money back. That was in APRIL!
Since then she has sold hundreds of these and made probably $6000 give or take. I have reported to ebay & Disney all to no avail. Ebay will not pull the auctions. Disney sent the nice standard "thanks for letting us know" email but no action.
This makes me sick she is doing this!:mad:
I am convinced she has made copies and the passes are fakes. There is just no way she would have so many.
I cant believe people would buy something from a seller that puts in the " to be sure and be legal" clause. How can someone be that daft!!!!!!!!
Report her all you want but so far no one seems to care she is making a small fortune by scamming people.

Ok, my rant is over but now you know a bit of history and to NOT BUY from her!

capjack07
10-28-2007, 12:45 PM
double post - sorry :)

capjack07
10-28-2007, 01:28 PM
They are buying one expensive white envelope. Can you image paying $250 only to get to WDW and be told you got scammed.
I know Disney has received tons of emails about these auctions and "sellers" and even if they have not stopped it yet I sincerely hope they do. I cant imagine they would be too happy about a person making money off of something they give to guests for free.

disneycouple2004
10-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I also reported her to ebay, and sent her a shame on you email..i got a snoody reply that i should find better things to do with my time than harass her...:mad:....oh well i have done all i can i suppose..thanks for all your input..i suggest everyone should report her and send her a email...maybe she will get the hint..

thanks guys...oh what the heck...here is the email she sent me..i can post it after all its mine right ?..Ps...I Just looked on ebay again and they are all gone..she has nothing for sale now..nothing...maybe we done some good..one would hope..thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello and thank you for your concern. However, you obviously have no idea what these passes are. They are not the same fastpasses that are obtained daily and used the same day. These passes are handed out as a courtesy when a problem occurs (ie; ride breaks down, etc.) They were handed out to someone who had a problem, I then purchased them from the person who had the problem, and now I am selling what I have left. I personally used them and have 100% positive feedback from users who have bought them from me on ebay. Finally, I am not sure what picture you are looking at, but all of my passes are the exact same... nothing different. So, perhaps you should spend your time doing something other than trying to find people to harrass. Thank you and have a nice day!

- shopaholic-mom-of-two

tennantsrwe
10-29-2007, 08:59 AM
I'd stay away from any sort of online auction of Fast Passes. If you're ever in doubt call Disney and ask 800-828-0228. Some people will do anything to make a buck, and that's a shame.

CaptainSad
10-29-2007, 09:50 AM
$450 for worthless pieces of paper? A Diamond Parking Pass? And two stickers as a gift? All these things are free to begin with. I hope whoever buys this gets a good butt whipping. Here, Let me do it. I know someone is going to buy this and they are going to go and find out they can't use them, and stand there and scratch their heads. As Bill Engvall say's. "HERE'S YOUR SIGN"

mickey&missy
10-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Why is this counterfeit? Suppose the buyer is actually getting an envelope with 12 fastpasses in it. Is there still a problem? The seller has 100% positive feedback, so apparently everyone is satisfied.
The only question is, where did the seller get all the fastpasses? Apparently, from the item description, they were bought on eBay and his family did not use them all.

A fastpass can only be used on the date issued, not to mention you can't legally sell it. She's selling an envelop to get around any legal problems. That should be a huge hint right there!

What really gets me is there are a bunch of these up for sale! Are you kidding? It suprises me that Ebay hasn't taken these auctions down. Some unsuspecting person is going to pay a huge amount of money for something they can't use. That money could be spent on the trip!

But, like several people said, people would do anything to make a buck! It make me sick to think a CM might be trying to make a quick buck and taking advantage of people!!

DH was looking on ebay about a year ago for some software. He found 1 store that had a whole bunch of stuff, including what he was looking for. He thought it looked a little fishy, I did too. So he sent the seller an email politely asking him a few questions to feel out if he should bid or not. Within a week the entire store was gone! I guess our instincts where right!

CaptainSad
10-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I got the one that was for $450 off ebay:party:. All I said was that these are not for sale. Disney doesn't sell them. It was off in 20 minutes.

PirateLover
10-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I just wanted to add that I checked out her ratings... she had NO ratings as a seller. Her positive ratings come from her buying. Just throwing it in there.

capjack07
10-29-2007, 07:23 PM
just wanted to add the one seller is not a CM. I have no idea how she got so many of them - personally I think she is making copies and selling those but that is just my own theory................ She may not have any more auctions for now but give her time - she has been selling these in groups since April and has made well over $6000 by now!

gerald72
11-13-2007, 08:17 AM
I got the one that was for $450 off ebay:party:. All I said was that these are not for sale. Disney doesn't sell them. It was off in 20 minutes.

Just because Disney doesn't sell them doesn't make them illegal to sell. Guide maps are free. Hidden mickey pins are traded. Yet there are eBay auctions for these items.

CleveSJM
11-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Just because Disney doesn't sell them doesn't make them illegal to sell. Guide maps are free. Hidden mickey pins are traded. Yet there are eBay auctions for these items.

These are non-transferrable. They are obviously stolen as well. No way someone gets more than 2 or 3 of these a week during a normal trip. The seller and buyers are risking a visit from their local police force. Also, using the Internet opens them up to the Post Master General... Risky stuff.

Also, a lot of times the positive feedback is maintained by shill bidders. The "winner" never pays and is usually the same person as the seller with a different email account. They then scam the auction losers with, "I still have some you can have" or "the winner backed out..."

Beware...

WDW10171
11-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Please note that I am not a seller of these re-entry passes on eBay. The following are just my opinions from my own personal experiences.

Let me start by saying that I would have my doubts that Disney really cares about the reselling of these re-entry passes.

Here's my take and why I think Disney really would care less about these auctions.

Reason #1. The re-entry or rider switch passes are good for one use only, so you can't use one pass for more than one ride. Once it is used, it is collected by the CM and gone. So no real benefit other than unlike regular fastpasses offered in the park, these re-entry or rider switch passes do not have time of use restrictions, so you can ride when you want instead of waiting for your ride time to come up. And there is also the variety that do not expire and therefore do not have a date of use restriction.

Also, re-entry passes can be used on 'most' rides and not limited to just 'Fast Pass' rides. Only the switch rider passes are good at the designated Fast Pass ride. The only one I have read about where the ride re-entry tickets did not work were at the Tomorrowland Indy Raceway.

Reason #2. With having the benefit of not having to wait in long lines, I believe this creates the desire to go to the parks more often. Dont you think Disney likes this and the revenue it generates? Buying more park tickets, popcorn and drinks from the street vendors, eating at the Crystal Palace, etc etc etc. I know for me, it sure would create a nice comfortable day at the park knowing I can go there without any waiting in lonnnggg lines. I dont get worn down as fast and tend to want to spend more time in the resort and parks. Just think about this comment.

Reason #3. I think Disney is already catching onto the value of the selling of these VIP priority-type fastpasses and are working on including the fastpass option built into your room key when staying at a Disney resort. This is similar to what Universal Studios offers when staying at one of their resorts. I stay at the Royal Pacific when visiting Universal Studios. One of the main things I sure like is knowing that I wont get caught in any long line. My longest wait in any line at Universal/Island of Adventure has been maybe 10 minutes and that was only because they had to reset one of the ride's computers.

I have also heard chatter that Disney is considering selling VIP or Priority passes, again, this is similar to what Universal Studios does with selling a limited amount of Express passes at the gate.

Trust me, Disney will eventually put an end to these auctions on eBay. Not by getting on eBay's back, but rather taking away the value of reselling these re-entry passes.

This is my take on all of this. So is it bad for sellers to list these auctions on eBay? maybe so, but as I said, I am not so sure Disney will actually take direct action against eBay.

As far as buying these from eBay. As with any other auction, read feedbacks, contact the seller, ask questions and pay for your auctions through Paypal only. You are protected and can file claims and receive your $$ money back if something does go wrong. Just dont leave feedback until you have returned and you know everything went well. Just trust your instincts and it will help you weed out the scammers.