PDA

View Full Version : parking pass for extra vehicle question

tys_mommy
10-26-2007, 09:51 AM
My sister is thinking about coming down for a couple of days during our visit so she will have her car with her. I know that we are only allowed one car at our site and she can park in the main parking area. Will they give her a parking pass for there so that she can drive her car to the theme parks and take advantage of the free parking since she will be added on to my reservation I feel that she should have that benefit just like we do. I’ve called Disney’s general number and also the campground directly and each plays phone tag transferring me back to the other for an answer so I figured I’d ask here.

ibrowse17
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
If you are not arriving at the same time, you will have to let them know. As far as a parking pass, they may issue on if she is one your reservation, but not sure since you are allowed only one car at FW. Not sure about what free parking you are talking about, as I always had to pay for parking at the parks even when staying at FW. Now that we have AP's, we do not have to pay for parking.:thumbsup:

faline
10-26-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't know the answer about your extra car.

Folks who stay at Walt Disney World resorts do not need to pay for parking at the theme parks for the duration of their stay.

tys_mommy
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM
If you are not arriving at the same time, you will have to let them know. As far as a parking pass, They may issue one if she is one your reservation, but not sure since you are allowed only one car at FW. Not sure about what free parking you are talking about, as I always had to pay for parking at the parks even when staying at FW. Now that we have AP's, we do not have to pay for parking.:thumbsup:

Isn't free parking (waiving the $10 a day fee) a benefit of staying on Disney property????

ibrowse17
10-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Disney owes me ten bucks then, as I had to pay the last time I drove from FW to Epcot...:(

faline
10-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Isn't free parking (waiving the $10 a day fee) a benefit of staying on Disney property????

It is! All you have to do is show your parking pass at the gate.

bleukarma
10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Parking is now $11, and you get to park at the parks for free if you are staying at a Disney resort.

I have drove up and met my parents at different resorts tons of times and they usually let the front desk know that I'm driving up. They give them an extra visitors parking pass with the dates that I will be there. It's good until midnight on my last day, which is printed on the pass. I don't think I have tried to use the visitors pass for free parking though. I've used my own parking pass for free parking, but usually when I meet my parents we just use bus transportation. Also, I have never stayed at FW so I don't know if the rules are different. But chances are you shouldn't have a problem. :mickey:

AuntLaura
10-27-2007, 04:13 PM
When you arrive at the Front Desk, tell them you have two cars. If she is part of your party they should give you a guest pass for both vehicles that identifies you as a Guest and which resort you are staying at. You show it at the gates when you drive to the Theme Parks or to other resorts. You won't be asked to pay for parking. At Fort WIlderness, you will only be allowed to park one vehicle at your cabin/site, however. You will have to leave the second car in the parking lot by the Outpost (check-in)

mickey98
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
You'r second car will have to stay at the parking lot behind the check in office or in the out lot used for trailer parking.. they will let you know where to park it upon your arrival...