PDA

View Full Version : Ride a bike to the parks?

PrincessASquared
10-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Not sure if this is where you post this or not. Move it if you must.
Is it possible to rent a bike (from SSR) and ride it to the parks for the day. (ie. EPCOT & MGM).:bike:
I do not recall seeing or hearing of anyone doing this. My family and I think it would be fun to ride bikes to those parks instead of taking the buses.:thanks:

AwPhooey
10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
While I don't know for certain, I'm guessing that it's not possible.

To get to the parks, you have to go through the parking entrances/plazas and I'm guessing they wouldn't let a bike in. Plus, once you're at the park, I'm not sure that there are bike racks to lock your bike to while you're in the park.

JPL
10-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm not sure you would want to for your own safety. The one thing I notice everytime I'm at the world is how bad people drive on Disney Property. You have to remember it's a mix of tourists who are usually in a hurry while trying to figure out where they are going and CMs who know where they are going and usually in a hurry to get to work or go home.

Marker
10-26-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm not sure you would want to for your own safety. The one thing I notice everytime I'm at the world is how bad people drive on Disney Property. You have to remember it's a mix of tourists who are usually in a hurry while trying to figure out where they are going and CMs who know where they are going and usually in a hurry to get to work or go home.

Which is another reason I leave the car parked and take the bus. I see no good reason to contribute to the mess of traffic.

I really don't recall ever seeing bike racks either. And I know I wouldn't want to navigate that mess on a bicycle.

Piglet822
10-26-2007, 09:13 AM
As far as I know there are no bike racks at any of the theme parks. Also, bike rentals are by the hour. That could get quite costly.

poeticeclipse
10-26-2007, 09:50 AM
I think that have a bike route for certain areas is a great idea and something that Disney should really think about. Everyone is getting on the fitness train so why not Disney?

If people drove to Disney and wanted to bring bikes, they would need a place to park their bike when in the parks. This could get tricky and is probably the only reason Disney won't go with this concept.

Just a thought, around the areas that the Disney busses travel, are there any sidewalks?

Taja
10-26-2007, 12:04 PM
I think that have a bike route for certain areas is a great idea and something that Disney should really think about. Everyone is getting on the fitness train so why not Disney?

If people drove to Disney and wanted to bring bikes, they would need a place to park their bike when in the parks. This could get tricky and is probably the only reason Disney won't go with this concept.

Just a thought, around the areas that the Disney busses travel, are there any sidewalks?

None that I recall.