PDA

View Full Version : Helppppppp Need Answer Today!

shani1243
10-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Currently hubby and I 63 and 65, have booked a 6 day wdw trip at pop century, from feb 4-11, and then heading to wonder 4 day cruise.

we found out yesterday that space mtn would prob. be closed during that time, and it is one of hubbys favs.

We also looked into another site last night for a western 7 day cruise, for about the same price as the wdw and cruise we had booked.

however: at the reduced rate for the 7 day western cruise we could not be guaranteed where on 6 we would be. May be forward, mid, or aft.

The wonder 4 day cruise is also on 6 right near the elevator mid ship. Good for me, cause I can't walk far.

what to do, what to do? helppppppppppppp

btw. the reduced rate for the western 7 day ends today! We need to make a decision right away.

We have never cruised before.

thanks
shani

teambricker04
10-25-2007, 04:36 PM
I vote Disney. Even though a fav ride will be down, there will be lots up. Plus, probably some new things since the last time you were there!

Figment!
10-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Personally, I wouldn't make a vacation change over a rumour.

Walt Disney World Operations has yet to release any information indicating that Space Mountain will close for rehab anytime in the near future.

All rehabs released by Walt Disney World Operations can be found in the rehabs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

jennypersons
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Where did you read that Space mountain would be down? We are going just the week before and I hadn't seen anything about Space mtn being down - Just Splash mountain. I read several sights and didn't see anything..... Space is one of my favorites and would hate to have it down!

shani1243
10-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the info

shani

shani1243
10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
I read it on the DIS boards

shani ;(

Figment!
10-25-2007, 05:15 PM
... and if one would change vacation plans based on rumours, the most credible I've come across is that Space Mountain rehab isn't rumoured to start till June 2008.

DisFan01
10-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Disney hasn't "officially" put up Space Mountain for being closed during that time. :)

jennypersons
10-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Disney hasn't "officially" put up Space Mountain for being closed during that time. :)

Thanks - that's what I thought. Do they ever take 2 major rides (Splash - which they have already announced and space) down for refurb at the same time?

crazypoohbear
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Rumors aside. If the only thing keeping you from booking the 7 day cruise is that you dont' know where you cabin might be then you shouldn't even consider that. Most ships have elevators in the front, aft and center. You should go to the cruiseline website and check out the ship itsef.

medic9016
10-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks - that's what I thought. Do they ever take 2 major rides (Splash - which they have already announced and space) down for refurb at the same time?

Yes, Rumor is that the Space Mnt Rehab will be approx 18 months. For that reason there will be times that two major rides will be down.

kbean
10-25-2007, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't worry about spacemtn. Disney will make sure that all other major rides are up and running. I can't see them closing down splash and space mtn. They'll time it right.