PDA

View Full Version : Frontierland French Fries

TikiSteph84
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
My bf and I are going to WDW in Feb. He visited the MK once when he was about 7. He doesnt remember much, and so I kind of feel like I'm getting the honor of taking him for the first time. So naturally I've been showing him pictures and all sorts of stuff about the parks online. Somehow we came across something about the macdonalds french fry cart that is in (i think?) the MK, maybe frontierland. For whatever reason he has latched on to the thought of a cart that sells only macdonalds french fries and he is completely stoked about it. When questioned by friends about what hes looking forward to, he tells them about the fry stand... Does anyone know its exact location? I'd hate for him to miss it.:blush:

DisneyDudet
10-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Haha that is pretty funny! Tell him there's actually a few of these "fry stands" in the parks, so its not just ONE place!

In fact, it is at the VERY end of Frontierland, where you walk from Frontierland to Adventureland, and vice versa. In fact, I think its more right in the middle of them. If you are in AL, go past PotC and turn right to go to Frontierland. If you are in Frontierland, go past Pecos Bills and to the left.

Figment!
10-25-2007, 02:10 PM
#25 on the INTERCOT Magic Kingdom Dining Guide Map :thumbsup:
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/diningguide/magickingdommap.asp)

tennantsrwe
10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Well at least he's found something to look forward to! I've seen the one infront of Peco's Bills. I'm sure there are more in other locations but that's the one I noticed...we ate @ Pecos Bill's and the stand is literally right there. Just don't expect a Dollar Menu! :D

RobWreck
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Wow... out of all the 'favorites' people have at WDW, to get excited about McDonald's french fries seems a bit misplaced. You're going to have to introduce him to the wonders of the turkey leg and the Dole whip. :thumbsup:
Rob

ncscgirl2005
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow... out of all the 'favorites' people have at WDW, to get excited about McDonald's french fries seems a bit misplaced. You're going to have to introduce him to the wonders of the turkey leg and the Dole whip. :thumbsup:
Rob

:thumbsup: Right on Rob about the Dole Whip. I'm glad your BF is excited about going but I can tell you that McDonalds fries were the last thing on my mind! Try the Dole Whip in Adventureland. :cloud9:

But as another poster said, there was a stand right in front of Pecos Bills.

EJS-Houston
10-25-2007, 02:55 PM
My bf and I are going to WDW in Feb. He visited the MK once when he was about 7. He doesnt remember much, and so I kind of feel like I'm getting the honor of taking him for the first time. So naturally I've been showing him pictures and all sorts of stuff about the parks online. Somehow we came across something about the macdonalds french fry cart that is in (i think?) the MK, maybe frontierland. For whatever reason he has latched on to the thought of a cart that sells only macdonalds french fries and he is completely stoked about it. When questioned by friends about what hes looking forward to, he tells them about the fry stand... Does anyone know its exact location? I'd hate for him to miss it.:blush:

I feel pretty confident that once you get him there the french fries'll take a distant back seat to great new memories you'll take away from WDW! But in the meantime, I'm glad you found something to entice him to go. All power to you both and have a GREAT time!!! :simba::malef::mjump::ccat:

cydconn3
10-25-2007, 03:54 PM
According to my DS9, those French Fries are just about the only thing "good" to eat at WDW. :shake: We just returned from a six day trip :cry:and I believe we purchased fries from just about every fry stand in every park (except Epcot). He didn't find one there. :laughing:

Enjoy your trip and your fries!

crazeedizneefinatic
10-25-2007, 03:59 PM
We know about 3 since my 7 year old LOVES McDonalds fries. THere is one in AK too. It's right before you enter Dinoland on the right hand side. Epcot has a McDonalds stop too. It's at the end of the World Showcase down from Canada. It kinda sits back some. And of course the one in the MK. If your friend is a McDonalds lover take him to the McDonalds at DTD! They have a little gift shop where you can get T-shirts and stuff. Have fun!

phillydan
10-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Guess what? After 5 days on the Disney Dining Plan, I was so stuffed that all I had for lunch on day 6 was Fries! They were just the right thing. Oh course, we went to Concourse Steakhouse that night to make up for it....

TikiSteph84
10-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone! He'll be floored to know that theres more than 1 cart!

LibertyTreeGal
10-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh my gosh, high blood pressure be darned, I had some of those every day when we were in DL this spring. They are NOTHING like regular McDonald's fries. The specs on them are very tight and they are only made from certain potatoes and fried up in a certain way (can you tell I used to do this for a living?) and they are made from IDAHO potatoes.

LCPZA
10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I agree those fries are not like true MickeyD fries.( I am sure they are but you can tell that they are not made in a store and they are made on a cart that uses a modified version of those fries) LEt him know that he can eat MickeyD fries now and to enjoy all the new things he can learn to love at DIsney-- like a big Turkey leg or an even better treat a Dole Float (far better than those fries any day)There are so many things to enjoy at DIsney-- MickeyD fries cart is not 1 of them...

tomorrowschild
10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
My dad loves the McDonald's fry carts around the parks. He always has them at MGM, AK, and MK. Don't know what it is, but they always taste better inside the parks.

RobWreck
10-27-2007, 10:00 AM
EVERYTHING tastes better inside the parks (except for the bottled water... ;) )
Rob

mouseketeer mom
10-28-2007, 09:45 AM
I just can't bring myself to eat anything McDonalds while in WDW. Doesn't seem right! Too many other fun, unique choices!!!

Jared
10-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I just can't bring myself to eat anything McDonalds while in WDW. Doesn't seem right! Too many other fun, unique choices!!!
I agree, but my little brother loves the fries. Honestly, my family never eats McDonald's at home, so vacation is the lone opportunity for Justin to have the fries. I think he's crazy, but he can have fries while I devour a Mickey bar.

:tasty:

LibertyTreeGal
10-28-2007, 12:49 PM

Well, I would NEVER consider eating McDonalds food outside of the parks. But these fries are better than any of the fries Disney offers, by a long shot, and I like to chomp on them while waiting in line at BTMRR :D

PirateLover
10-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Buyer beware! In the past this fry cart has been the scene of some very unfriendly seagull attacks. It was really bad on our trip in Dec 05 although we did not notice them as much this past may. On that trip the fry cart area was just full of seagulls waiting to swoop down and steal fries!