PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!? Where in Epcot for dinner?

Pinoke68
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
We'll be at Epcot on Dec 22nd and just made lunch ressies for Chefs de France (our first time dining here) and dinner ressies at San Angel in Mexico. The thing is we've eaten at San Angel MANY times and wanted to try something else.

We tried to get Le Cellier but they are booked for both lunch and dinner.

So, keeping that in mind, what is your favorite World Showcase restaurant for dinner and what do you recommend? I've checked out the menus on Deb Will's site, but I still want to hear your opinions as to what is best.

We have 2 kids (9 and 11) with us, I'm sure they'll find something they like anywhere
so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your help!

krose78
10-25-2007, 01:51 PM
We'll be at Epcot on Dec 22nd

So will we.

We got reservations to Coral Reef that day and for later in the trip (Christmas Day) we have ressies for Le Cellier. The only other place we have eaten in Epcot is the Garden Grill. The restaurant in Japan could be nice. I think as long as you check the menus and you think everyone would find something to eat then try a new restaurant.

ldn324
10-25-2007, 02:04 PM
How about Marrakesh in Morocco? We love the food and atmosphere there. Lots of great menu choices for everyone and you even get live entertainment :thumbsup: Definitely one of our favorites, especially for something unique.

vicster
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
We love Biergarten and I'm sure your kids will find something there they will like.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 02:27 PM
We'll be at Epcot on Dec 22nd and just made lunch ressies for Chefs de France (our first time dining here) and dinner ressies at San Angel in Mexico. The thing is we've eaten at San Angel MANY times and wanted to try something else.

We tried to get Le Cellier but they are booked for both lunch and dinner.

So, keeping that in mind, what is your favorite World Showcase restaurant for dinner and what do you recommend? I've checked out the menus on Deb Will's site, but I still want to hear your opinions as to what is best.

We have 2 kids (9 and 11) with us, I'm sure they'll find something they like anywhere
so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for your help!:mickey: We were at Disneyworld Dec. 2005 and ate one of our meals at Chefs de France. The meal was okay but not great. I remember the dessert was pretty good and my son loves escargot so that was nice for an appetizer. We are going again Dec. 2008 and have gotten wonderful feedback for Marrakesh. We have never eaten there before but will definitely try it and LeCellier next trip if we can get reservations. I've also heard good things about Coral Reef but I think its very pricey. Friends suggest Biergarten for the entertainment but really didn't have much to say about the food. We ate at San Angel last trip and found the counter service Mexican to be better. I've never had a bad meal at Epcot, just seems some are better than others...Check some of the other threads, Intercot veterans have some really good advice about where to eat and seem to know what they are talking about.

DDuck66
10-25-2007, 03:15 PM
It depends on how picky your DC are. We really like the Garden Grill and the character interaction has always been nice. If your kids are not picky, then we also like the Rose and Crown. The fish and chips have always been nice and fresh and the cheese platter is to die for.

Pinoke68
10-25-2007, 06:14 PM
DDuck66, we love the Garden Grill but we ate there last time for dinner plus we're eating at LTT at MK the night before and don't want to overdose on the characters.

I had been leaning towards Marrakesh but was apprehensive about trying something so different, but I keep hearing good things about it.

LibertyTreeGal
10-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Considering we are talking about December 22, I think your best bet is to call Disney Dining pronto and ask what is even available. It is going to be nasty crowded and at this point you may have to settle for something. I would call immediately.

momef3grls
10-25-2007, 07:13 PM
our new favorite. We were there just last week and DD16 and I are very picky eaters. Awesome menu and choices for even the pickiest of eaters. Give it a try it is great and so is the entertainment.:number1:

GrmGrninGost
10-25-2007, 07:46 PM
We were down in Sept. and the best meals we had were all in EPCOT! I would rate them as
1. Coral Reef
2. Rose & Crown
3. Garden Grill
I love the atmosphere of Coral Reef! The huge aquarium is unbelievable! It's so cool to look up from dinner and watch a shark or maybe a huge sea turtle swim by! The food and service were great also, by the way!
Rose & Crown was a new one for us! And, I must say the fish was as good as I've ever had. I will also say the steak was very good!
As for Garden Grill, the characters are the main attraction for us here. But, the food is very good also, especially the catfish! Yum!

tinksmom02
10-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Here's another vote for Marrakesh. It's unique, but not tooo different, if you don't want it to
be. You can have a Moroccan meal, or you can have a more Americanized-Moroccan meal LOL I had the Lemon Chicken, for example. DD5 had pasta with butter, but actually enjoyed my chicken more.

But I also suggest you call WDW-Dine and see what's available. Let us know what you decide!

Mrs.C
10-26-2007, 02:02 PM
I know you are looking at World Showcase, but if you want a bit lighter meal we REALLY enjoyed eating at Sunshine Seasons in the Land. The selection is outstanding and the food was great! It' s counter service but still plenty of food and good options for kids. We would be way to stuffed to eat to sit down table service meals in one day. Just a suggestion if you are looking for something different.

KarenP
10-26-2007, 04:33 PM
I suggest Tutto Italia. I just ate there a couple weeks ago and it was the best meal of my trip.

Crow
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
like Le Cellier but bypassed it last trip for other places to try.
in Sept at Epcot i ate at Coral Reef (not bad) & Marrakesh..which was great! id recommend that.
alas, the places in Japan werent open yet, but i will return to try the rehab places there

Natazu
10-27-2007, 01:52 AM
My favorite TS restaurant at Epcot is Marrakesh, no contest. After that, of course Le Cellier, and then I put Coral Reef, San Angel, & Rose n Crown in a tie for third.

luvdiznee
10-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Another vote for Marrakkesh. Coral Reef is great, too. :mickey:

garymacd
10-27-2007, 11:44 AM
DDuck66, we love the Garden Grill but we ate there last time for dinner plus we're eating at LTT at MK the night before and don't want to overdose on the characters.

I had been leaning towards Marrakesh but was apprehensive about trying something so different, but I keep hearing good things about it.

Marrakesh was a complete and wonderful surprise to us and especially to our kids. Shortly after this trip our oldest daughter decided to start training as a chef and did her major assignment of Morrocan cuisine. The food was wonderful and the desserts were incredible and sweet. The belly dancer was great with the little ones in the audience, too.

sagessa
10-28-2007, 09:08 AM
Here's another vote for Marrakesh. It's one of my favorites in Disney World. The food is wonderful, and the portions are plenty big to either share or have leftovers.

Rachel R.

DizneeFan13
10-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Not that it sounds like you need another one, but our vote is for Marrakesh:eat:. My DW considers this the only "must do" on our trip coming up in January.

I would suggest going for it, when else are you going to be able to have such an authentic Morrocan meal:mickey:

Pinoke68
10-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Ladies and gentlemen.....................Marrakesh it is!

Thanks for all your responses!!!:mickey: