PDA

View Full Version : Another FastPass Question

jrpersinger
10-25-2007, 12:30 PM
When using Babyswap, do you need to get a FastPass to ride something? We never tried using babyswap without having a FastPass, but I was told we really didn't need one.

But if I am not mistaken, only the people waiting back get the BabySwap FastPass and the rest of the party have to wait in line in Standby if they do NOT have FastPass. Is that correct? And... If that is the case, do the people waiting back actually need to get a FastPass? Since the BabySwap is a FastPass?????

Our last trip was the first time for us using BabySwap. And everyone in the party who was riding got the FastPass, even if they were the ones hanging back with the kids. We assumed thats the way it worked..... :confused: It worked fine with us.

youngOx96
10-25-2007, 12:45 PM
On my recent trip (09/22/07 - 09/30/07) my DW and I found that it was best to ask about Child Swap at each attraction. For some reason they all had different "rules".

For the most part, the only difference I could see between a Fast Pass and a Child Swap was the fact that, at most attractions, the Child Swap allowed more than one person to enter the Fast Pass queue. The number of people allowed to enter varied by attraction, but most of them allowed three people to enter on the Child Swap.

The benefit of having both the FP and Child Swap would be that the person riding first would not have to wait in the Standby queue.

Dyanna
10-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Returned 2 weeks ago & used Rider Swap passes for everything we could. Just ask the CM at the beginning of the line for one. They do need to see the rest of the party that will be doing the swap to make sure it is legit. Some of the rides we did get an additional fast pass so we could ride more than once.

Matt's Dad
10-26-2007, 11:39 AM
First .... don't be fooled by the name, the "Swap" can be made for any one that doesn't want to or isn't capable of going on a ride .... grandparents, disabled, or just people that dont want to go (that would need someone to stay with them while they wait).

The way it has always worked for us ...
Non-Fast Pass Rides: Everyone waits in line together, get near the boarding area, tell the CM of the restriction. Someone waits in a queing area with the person who can't ride, while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When they are done, someone else sits with the restricted person, and the person who sat out can then ride right away with several members of his/her party.

Fast Pass Rides: Entire party goes to the entry point and explains to the CM the restriction. All members of the party should be there (or visable to the CM). CM gives a special Fast Pass to the restricted person's watcher that enables him and 3 guests to use the fast pass enterance anytime that day. First group goes on ride through normal channel (stand by line if you don't have a valid fast pass, or fast pass line if you have one ... same as everyone else). When done, the "Watcher" can then use the fast pass to go back in with several members of their party.

Can sound confusing, but I think Disney is just trying to make sure everyone gets a chance to ride the ride, experience it with their family, without a family having to stand in line twice so that everyone gets a chance to ride.

When in doubt, ask the CM!!! It's what they are there for.

seashoreCM
11-13-2007, 11:50 PM
You can do baby swap with or without fastpass, using the appropriate ride entrance. At the moment the family must split apart, the person(s) staying back with the child are typically given new fastpasses with no required come back time, or wait near the boarding area to ride when the first family members come back.