PDA

View Full Version : Please convince me...

rcaide
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
that I am lucky to be going to WDW at all. I will try to make my long story short. I suffer from a degenerative eye disease that took all the central vision in my left eye 11 years ago. (I was 35 at the time.) Recently, I started to lose the vison in my remaining eye. Luckily, there is now an experimental treatment for this condition and with some eye injections they have temporaily stopped the bleeding in the eye. However, we don't know how long it will last. The doctor said I could lose my vision tomorrow or several years from now. I have been wanting to go to WDW at Christmas for years. (I haven't been there at Christmas since 1982) My wonderful DH decided that we should just go for it this year because who knows what the future will bring.

So we are currently booked for 5 days at POR in Dec. I cannot let well enough alone however, and I just discovered for a negligible amount of additional money we could go for 7 days at POP instead of 5 at POR. I was so excited that I immediately e-mailed my husband the good news. He didn't think it was so great because if we do that he will have to work 2 days over the Christmas holidays. He would be off 5 days work 2 off 4 days. I thought that it was no big deal but obviously to him it is. Now I am bummed out and trying not to be. I was already planning what I could do with 2 extra days. I tried to tell him that for the money we couldn't even do dinner and a movie over the holidays but we could do 2 days in Disney with meals! I am trying hard not to feel resentful. He said I should be happy I was getting to go at all and I am. But there is also this part of me who resents the fact that I spent numerous Saturday's this year at car shows with him when I would much rather have been sitting home doing my own thing. In May, we spent big bucks and lots of vacation time to go on the "Bandit Run." ( a car cruise from TX to GA) We are supposed to do that again in May. (This time OH to GA) I had fun and it was great that he ended up on TV and in magazines but it wasn't WDW. So now I am trying very hard to just be grateful I am going and not pine for the extra two days. I figured if anyone would understand you guys would. I know my coworkers just don't get it. So come on and tell me what a lucky lady I am so I won't want to choke DH when I see him later. :thedolls:

disneycouple2004
10-25-2007, 12:58 PM
Well lets see...i do feel very lucky to make the Disney trip anytime for any amount of time..But...i would give up more than 2 days of vacation for 2 more days at Disney for sure...of course i am a huge Disneyfan..my wife is too so we never have a problem staying longer if we can..:thumbsup:...Maybe your husband is more into his cars than Disney..sounds like he is..in that case maybe you should point out the new cars on display at Test Track each year...also maybe he would like to drive a stock car at the Richard Petty driving experience..or even see about a local car show that may be going on in the Orlando area during the time your there..not sure if this helps...but its all i can think of right now..good luck...and enjoy whatever time you have at Disney for sure :D

merlinmagic4
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Did this all happen just today? Maybe he will change his mind once he gets to thinking about it a bit. Good luck and :pixie: that he will change his mind and see things your way ;)

rcaide
10-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks Kelly the pixie dust must have done the trick! I just rebooked for 7 nights at POP with DDP and I only had to pay an additional $43. I am so happy. I have never stayed at a value hotel before but I am just happy to be getting 2 additonal nights at my favorite place. I was worried about packing everything I wanted to do into just 5 days. Now all I have to worry about is making ADRs for the 2 extra days;) Our flight doesn't leave MCO until 7pm so the last day I will still be able to hit a park. I take back all the evil thoughts I had about my DH. :blush: He likes WDW too. Just not quite as much as me. I reminded him that the last time we went for just 6 nights he complained that it wasn't enough time.

IloveDisney71
10-25-2007, 07:20 PM
I am so glad that he came around and you get two extra days. Have a great time!

merlinmagic4
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
:clappy: Great news.......have a WONDERFUL trip:cloud9:

DisneyDudet
10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Yay!

Christmas is such a beautiful time! You will not be disappointed.

I hope you have a great time on your trip! Make sure you do Osborne! We did it mult times just because there is so much to see!

Dsnygirl
10-26-2007, 01:09 PM
:mickey: Have a great time!! I'm glad to see your DH came around... most do, though, esp. the ones that love WDW!! Hard not to want those other 2 nights, regardless of your vacation time!! ;)

bleukarma
10-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm glad you are booked for the extra 2 nights!!! Yay!!! Have fun and have a great vacation! :mickey:

AbeeNormal
10-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Have a great time ....... & please take care of yourself.:heart:

Aren't husbands wonderful:blush:

luvdiznee
10-29-2007, 07:31 AM
I am so very happy for you that your husband came around! Enjoy your stay at POP. And take care of yourself. :mickey:

cal5755
10-29-2007, 03:29 PM
you are going to have such a magical trip!! I am so glad your dh changed his mind... that is awesome!!

Tink#64
10-29-2007, 10:58 PM
That's wonderful to hear! I hope you have a great trip! We love Pop! It's our WDW home! My DH wants to go so badly at Christmas time, alas it's not in our forseeable future. He's just started a new job today & if all works out, we'll be able to return to WDW in October next year! We're hoping for MNSSHP while DS's have fall break at school!

I hope it's a magical trip for you to remember! :pixie: :congrats: