PDA

View Full Version : 180 Day Rule on Advanced Reservations

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
:secret: Can someone clarify something for me? I've read in several areas that you cannot make an advanced reservation more than 180 days out...I thought that meant for everyone, but I read somewhere that if you are staying at a Disney Resort you can make them even further ahead of time. Does anyone know the rules on this?

faline
10-25-2007, 11:05 AM
If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can make all your reservations for the length of your stay (I believe up to 10 days), 180 days from the day you arrive. Therefore, if you are staying five days, you can make your reservation for your last day 185 days before you arrive.

It means you only need to make one phone call instead of daily phone calls.

Ian
10-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Basically, if you're not staying in a Disney resort then you can only make ADR's 180 days prior to the date you are requesting the reservation for.

So for example, say you're staying on property from November 1st until November 7th. You want to eat at the Garden Grill on November 1st, so the earliest you could call for your ADR is 180 days prior to that or somewhere on or about May 5th.

But say you also want to get an ADR at the Kona Cafe on November 5th. Since you're staying on property you can also make that ADR at the same time you make your Garden Grill ADR, whereas if you weren't staying on property you'd have to wait 4 days and call back.

Just a note ... I know there are some exceptions to the 180 day rule ... some are less than that. Maybe Victoria and Albert's?

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can make all your reservations for the length of your stay (I believe up to 10 days), 180 days from the day you arrive. Therefore, if you are staying five days, you can make your reservation for your last day 185 days before you arrive.

It means you only need to make one phone call instead of daily phone calls. Okay, that makes complete sense. Thanks for the tip because I was planning on having to make daily phone calls.:mickey:

vamaggie
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Some dinner shows (Spirit of Aloha and HoopDeDoo I think) will let you make ADRs up to 2 years in advance. You do not need a reservation # to make ADRs--you can use a phone number.