PDA

View Full Version : Question for Florida Residents!!

mdearmas
10-25-2007, 10:39 AM
I was just wondering, if you are a florida resident how often do you go to disney world. What are some things you do to keep it fresh? I'm looking for ideas both in and out of the parks. let me know what you think!!

:goofy:

mdearmas
10-25-2007, 11:34 AM
come on I know you guys have some thoughts and Ideas!!

:goofy:

mouseaddict
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
We are Florida residents but I can't think of anything that we really do to keep it fresh. We are not rushed on our trips so we don't see everything. We usually try to concentrate on one park each trip and do all of the little things that one can't do when pressed for time. We also make sure to try different hotels each trip..I am sorry, that is all I can really think of.

bleukarma
10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I’m a FL resident but I only go to the parks about twice a year since I don’t have a pass. When I go I try to see or do something new since there are tons of things that I haven’t seen. Also, I love doing day trips to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk and each experience is different. One day I might have lunch at Raglan Road, the next I’ll eat at Earl of Sandwich, etc. I try to go into a different store that I didn’t go into last time. At the Boardwalk some times I’ll stay for fireworks sometimes I won’t. Just make every visit different from the last. Also at Christmas I plan on seeing the different resorts Christmas decorations. Really a resort can be an afternoon trip on its own if you make it. Some times I’ll go over to DTD just to see a movie or I’ll stop by one of the mini golf courses. Even though those are two places that you can go to in your own neighborhood, you still get a little bit of Disney magic if you go to the ones on Disney property. There are so much to see and do at WDW that no two visits have to be the same.
Have fun!!! :mickey:

floridamom
10-25-2007, 12:33 PM
We have two daughters, 5 and 3, and this is our second year having APs. We tend to go for 1-3 days at a time, about once every 6 weeks or so. (Although this summer we stayed a week at OKW and loved having a longer stretch of time). A typical short stay might include checking in early on the first day, hitting a park or the resort pool before dinner, then taking in Wishes, Illuminations, or Fantasmic. Then we check out the next AM, but head to a character breakfast and then another park or DTD for some shopping before we return home.

The way we keep it fresh is by trying to stay at different resorts as much as possible, based on AP discounted rooms. We also try different TS restaurants each time, using the DDE card. We have also taken advantage of Passholder previews for new rides, and many of the various seasonal offerings in the parks. For example last year, we specifically planned a December trip during which we stayed at WL, took a "sleigh ride," went to Epcot's CP, and DS's Osbourne Lights.

Each time we visit a park we also try an attraction that we have never done before. (Last time at MK it was the Swiss Family Treehouse and it quickly became one of our girls' faves). It's great not having the pressure to "see it all" on any one trip. We know we''ll have something to look forward to next time. As our kids get older, we'll probably do more searching for Hidden Mickeys and let them experience the resort Kids Clubs so DH and I can try some of the less kid-friendly dining options. DH would also like to try out one of the Disney golf courses. Because our kids are still pretty young, we haven't even done any of the "parties" (MNSSHP, MVMCP, P&P)... yet! So I think there's still plenty to do before we "get tired" of WDW. (If that's possible!) :mickey:

DisneyTwirler13!
10-25-2007, 05:56 PM
We live in Florida, and since we have seasonal passes, or at least most of us do... we go on weekends and try to do something new everytime, as well as some favorites/classics.
Like, we'll get FPs for Soarin' and then go eat in Japan or Norway or someplace random like that. Or we'll go and wander around the hotels nearby, and see if they look good enough for us to stay in over long weekends and holidays. Stuff like that.

DisFan01
10-25-2007, 06:14 PM
We live in Florida (Jacksonville), and we have annual passes. We go about 10 times a year. We don't really do anything to keep it fresh, but we don't really need to, because it never really gets "old" to us! :number1:

kitty17794
10-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I go about every other day... I work there ;) But before I worked there, I had annual passes, and I went almost every other week. LOVE it :)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Searching for Hidden Mickeys with the book can be a lot of fun for a challenge.

Eating at new places is something we do.

Visiting the resorts during the holidays to see the decorations.

Riding the monorail as it used to be - a ride (or sleeping on it).

Looking at all the tiny details that no one pays attention to.

Taking the tours that they offer at the parks.

I have these plush figures of Axel and Roxas from KH2, who I use as the Travelocity gnome and they will be creating a photo blog journal of their travels.

And of course, my favorite has now become the hunt for those sneaky, hard to find characters. Like...tomorrow, I'm probably heading to MGM to get the Robinson crew and maybe some of the villians before going to the MNSSHP.

jkj1224
10-27-2007, 10:18 PM
we try to eat at a different restaurant or go in a shop we haven't been in. We also take advantage of pin trading as a way to stop and talk to people.

When one of the parks is building a new attraction we also like to go take pictures so we have a photo journal of the building process...we have pictures of EE at AK every two weeks or so while it was being constructed.

mac badger
10-28-2007, 06:53 PM
we live in st augustine, and go 2-4 times a year, although weve been as many as 6 times a year. like others have said, we try to stay at different hotels, and eat at different restaurants. its my goal to eat at all of them and im no where near close. we also try and spend some time at our resort just kicking back, and also relaxing at the pool. and sometimes we'll go into a park and only do one or two rides, and spend the rest of our time people watching and trying to find the best most relaxing places to sit. in MK, we really enjoy spending rime at tom sawyer island, just kicking back. plus there's the waterparks, and we havent even done mini golf yet-theres so much to do, just keep trying to sample everything once will keep you busy:mickey:

MissStyles
10-29-2007, 12:47 PM
the thing i love about being close to wdw is that even though it's only a couple hours drive i still feel like im extremely far away from home. the magic does that for me every time :magic: i'm there. i feel like i can always find something new and exciting each trip whether it's doing a ride/attraction i haven't done in a long time or trying out a new restaurant. the fact that i don't have to make it rushed is also relaxing bcos i know that i'll be back soon enough. :mickey: