PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to those people that clean all of the linens!

McGoofy
10-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I know I am copying and pasting some of what I posted in another thread, but I think it will get "masked" in the topic of the other thread. I felt this part of the topic needed a little more exposure!:mickey: I know we have all seen or heard about the Dateline specials that talked about how linens at hotels do not necessarily get as clean as we would expect them to. However, I thought you Intercot folks would be interested in knowing exactly how clean the linens at WDW are.

I have never had a bad experience with Mousekeeping not properly cleaning a room, and I have stayed several times in all categories value up to deluxe. I also have a unique situation in which one time my son's security blanket was accidentally gathered up in the linens by Mousekeeping. After we got home, I had much correspondence with the head of Mousekeeping, and he was so nice. Long story short, they were not able to find it by looking themselves, but he invited us to come look through their lost and found. On the day that we went back to do that, this same guy gave us a personal tour of Textile Services. He said he wanted to show us how that through the process of cleaning the linens, anything that is not linens would "filter" out and wind up in lost and found. This was absolutely amazing.

I still have the paperwork from the tour of the housekeeping plant. I am just going to type something word for word for you to read:

"The textile Services Housekeeping Plant processes the guest room linens for 21,000 Disney Hotel rooms, Resort pools, and three major water parks. This facility is an automated, high-volume laundry that utilizes continuous batch washers with an automated sorting and clean side monorail system. This plant processes 17,000 pounds of linen each hour and has an actual capacity of 82 million pounds of linen per year. In one week, over 25,000 slings of processed linen are guided throughout the 140,000 square foot facility on three miles of monorail track. Each day, over 180,000 towels, 70,000 wash cloths, 40,000 sheets and 63,000 pillowcases are sorted, cleaned, folded and assembled on metros which are linen room and housekeeper ready. Each week, this plant processes 400 miles of sheets. Tied together end to end, this would be enough to reach from our plant to Key West, Florida."

I saw first-hand the whole process of sorting, washing, folding (they even have this huge flat iron that irons/folds the sheets.), etc... I even saw them washing all of the bedspreads. That's a biggie for me. DH laughs at me because Disney hotels are the only hotels that I will sleep with the bedspread. At any other hotel, I am never sure how clean the bedspread is, so I don't use it. Anyway, after seeing all of that, I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that the linens at Disney resorts are very clean!!

Aren't those facts pretty incredible?? Think about it next time you lay your head down on your pillow at a Disney resort!!:cloud9:

Ian
10-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Very cool, Tara! I've been able to tour that building as well and I agree it's pretty amazing.

Of course, I would like to point out that most people's issues have been with Mousekeeping, not Textile Services.

Clean linens only help if your Mousekeeper actually shows up and puts them on your bed! ;)

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-25-2007, 11:09 AM
That sounds so cool...what an interesting experience! (and confidence building in knowing we have clean sheets and towels :number1:)

mttafire
10-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Kudos to the whole Mousekeeping entity of Disney. By FAR, Disney has the cleanest rooms and most professional hotel staff i've encountered.:thumbsup:

TBY2225
10-25-2007, 11:30 AM
I always learn the coolest facts from you McGoofy! I never knew that and maybe next time I visit I won't be so OCD about bringing my own blankets and pillows!

vamaggie
10-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks McGoofy!! We leave one week fro today and it gives me some piece of mind to know how thoroughly they clean the sheets. Hope my kids don't go into shock since it sounds like Disney cleans linens better than I do!!!!