PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody stayed at GF recently?

BeccaO
10-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Wondering if anybody has stayed at the Grand Floridian lately and had a newly refurbished room? Just curious what they might look like.

pox24
10-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Didn't know they were being refurbished. Two weeks ago we visited friends staying there and did not notice any renuvating at all. When is it suppose to start cause we are going to be there July 08.

TammiMcMan
10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
The only building left to refurbish is Sago Cay and that is due to be complete by mid-December.

Becca I can pm you a link to some updated photos. I'm honestly not sure that I like the new rooms. They are a bit softer in the color department. They have updated electronics like an ipod hookup on the clock radio and flat screen tv. The daybed is new and covered in a dusty rose print, plus there is a new cushioned chair in the room covered in a blue fabric. They took out the round tables and chairs, now they have a much smaller table that rolls under the desk for easy storage. I guess if you're going to eat at it though, you need to bring in the patio chairs or sit on the bed.