PDA

View Full Version : EMH wristband?

Haunt1000
10-25-2007, 02:51 AM
So let me get this straight. If I have a multi-day parkhopper ticket, I am staying on property, and want to take advantage of the EMH's, I first have to go to the EMH park and pick up a wristband 2 hrs before it closes?

I was planning on going to AK one morning, jumping over to DHS for the rest of its regular hours, and then over to MK for the EMH's. Will I have to go over to MK between AK and DHS to get the wristband. Why isin't your resort ID and your ticket enough?:mad:

sainter
10-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Wristbands become available 2 hours prior to closing but you don't have to get one that early. In fact, you can go to MK after regular closing time if you want to!

Flower
10-25-2007, 06:09 AM
Why isin't your resort ID and your ticket enough?:mad:

2 weeks ago they were actually scanning our room keys BEFORE giving us our wristbands - the scanner is hand-held and similar to a debit machine where they swipe your card.

In years past -we only ever had to SHOW our room key and were given the wristbands.

People were probably trying to beat they system, also, by scanning your room key they have record of nightly attendance and can probably download stats to see the attendance of EMH in general.

CleveRocks
10-25-2007, 06:44 AM
Wristbands become available 2 hours prior to closing but you don't have to get one that early. In fact, you can go to MK after regular closing time if you want to!EXACTLY.

100% correct.

2 hours before public closing is the starting time when you can get them. If the park closes to the public at 9:00 p.m. and has EMH until midnight, you could enter the park at 11:30 p.m. if you really wanted to.

gerald72
10-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Here is something that confused me. Last month at MK on a EMH night, after going through the gate, I just walked up and got a wrist band. They never even checked my resort ID. What was the point of giving wrist bands if they just let everyone have one?

whistlewhileyouwork
10-25-2007, 07:49 AM
You are right.......i just think the lines are typically long and they just breeze right through it plus most times its getting dark and its a problem to really read the card, i know this is the case just inside the gate. The scanning process will put an end to all of that.......Im sure within 6 months, they will scan and then hand you the band.

tennantsrwe
10-25-2007, 07:50 AM
We haven't been to WDW since 12/05 but are going this Dec. and the EMH change is news to me. What if the park has AM EMH? Do you have to get the wrist band the day before or can you just get it at the gate that morning? Sorry if that's a silly question, just making sure I have all my ducks in a row when we get there! TIA for your help!

January-2007
10-25-2007, 08:00 AM
We haven't been to WDW since 12/05 but are going this Dec. and the EMH change is news to me. What if the park has AM EMH? Do you have to get the wrist band the day before or can you just get it at the gate that morning? Sorry if that's a silly question, just making sure I have all my ducks in a row when we get there! TIA for your help!

You don't have to get a wristband for AM EMH because they just only let in the people staying onsite. They check your room ID. The reason for the wristbands in the PM is because there are already so many people in the park, this way they can identify who is allowed to stay.

CanadianWDWFan
10-25-2007, 08:08 AM
after going through the gate, I just walked up and got a wrist band. They never even checked my resort ID.
But did you use your Keys to the World card(room Card) to get into the park?

There is no wristband for the morning EMH, but you will need your room key/Key to the World card to get into the park. Otherwise you won't be allowed in. When we had our AP's we had to show our room key for every morning EMH we went to.

Also for the evening EMH we were scanned everytime.

JPL
10-25-2007, 08:44 AM
. Why isin't your resort ID and your ticket enough?:mad:

Believe me n you see the amount of people who try to stay in the park who aren't Disney Resort Guests you will come to love that little wristband :thumbsup:

Darbylew
10-25-2007, 09:08 AM
We have always had to show our room key to
get a wrist band. We always stay on property.
There are so many perks to staying on Disney
property. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I have to agree with the previous post's !! I do love staying on property......there's no other place I'd rather vacation !!!! :mickey:

DisneyDudet
10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
Really sure how the whole scanning the room key business will hold up, unless Swan, Dolphin, SoG, and DTD resorts will all have the same keys. I know Swan, Dolphin, and SoG get to take take advantage of EMH. We had to show our key at the one evening EMH, and they were quite strict.... but they just handed us the bands. Nothing would have stopped us from getting back in line before putting on the bands and getting more for others. This might be where the scanning comes in handy, but they would need to make all the resorts that are eligible to have one type of key, I would guess.

EJS-Houston
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Will I have to go over to MK between AK and DHS to get the wristband. Why isin't your resort ID and your ticket enough?:mad:

The wrist bands allow the cast members to spot resort guests easily and quickly to let them on the rides without any delay (of having to produce a guest key and pass every single time you get on a ride during magic hours).

cydconn3
10-25-2007, 04:02 PM
We were just at AK EMH last evening. We arrived about one hour before regular closing time. When we went through the turnstiles, one of the cast members said that we needed to get a wrist band and she pointed to an extremely LOOONNNNGGGG line. She then indicated that we could get a wrist band further back in the park. We got a hold of a time guide for EMH and it gave a list of places that you could get your wristband.

We wandered further back in the park and found a place to get our wrist bands that only had two people in line. They did scan all of our room keys/Keys to the World and then actually put the wrist bands on our wrists for us.

The lesson I learned from this is to not jump in the first line if it is really long and to find another location to obtain wristbands. If I'm going to spend time in line, I want it to be for a ride. :thumbsup:

One other thought....I felt sort of bad for a few guests who were still attempting to get on rides without wrist bands well after regular closing. They couldn't seem to understand the concept of EMH/resort guest perks.

"How come all these other people are still riding and we can't!" They were getting pretty upset with the cast members. I don't think they ever really understood what was going on...:confused:

CleveRocks
10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure why some above are talking about scanning the KTTW card as a theoretical or future plan. It's been going on for at least one year already ... it's not experimental or brand new.

gerald72
10-25-2007, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=CanadianWDWFan;1457211]But did you use your Keys to the World card(room Card) to get into the park?

Yes, I used my key to the park to get into the park, but the wristbands were handed out under the train station. They didn't know what I used to get in. Anyone could have gotten in line, which was very short.

DisneyDudet
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure why some above are talking about scanning the KTTW card as a theoretical or future plan. It's been going on for at least one year already ... it's not experimental or brand new.

Well, I never saw it, and I was in a decent line. The other long line on the other side wasn't scanning either.

Maybe that is why people are talking about it. In fact, this is the first I've heard of it, and as you can see by my trip count and posts, I'm no newbie.

I would like to know more, please.

Do they scan all room keys? Even those for Non-Disney hotels eligible for EMH? Because, I'm not sure they could.

JPL
10-25-2007, 06:12 PM
The scanning of the Key cards has been going for some time now but they don't always do it for some reason. In june I went to 3 different EMHs in 3 different parks

1. Epcot they were scanning cards and putting the wristbands physically on your wrist.
2. Magic Kingdom they were just looking at the card and handing you a wristband.
3. MGM they were handing out the wristbands as you entered the park when you showed you key card nothing scanned at all even if it wasn't used to enter the park. But in the back of the park they were scanning on another line.

The same was true for MNSSHP some places had the scanners and others were using a sharpie to make a line on your ticket if you were already in the park at the start of the party.

Disney doesn't seem to be following any SOP when it comes to the EMHs. I know for morning EMHs a few times they didn't even ask to see my KTTW card and I used my AP to enter.

Marker
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm trying to remember. I have in the past had my "key" scanned. However on our September trip, on 2 occasions they did not scan. However, they did compare the name on the "key" with a photo ID (driver's license), this was at MK and Studios. I'm not certain which they did at Epcot.

Apparently, they do different things at different times, or at different parks. Perhaps a CM will chime in with some greater insite.

IloveDisney71
10-25-2007, 06:45 PM
When I was there in June of '06 we got scanned every time we tried to get a EMH wristband - in every park. I didn't mind it at all. It was a quick process.
I wonder why they don't do it all of the time now and if it has anything to do with the crowd size/season?

JPL
10-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I would guess it's based on resort occupancy levels and they tend to be less strict when crowds are down and there are vacancies in the resorts since people staying later or getting in earlier in the parks equals more $$$$$ for Disney.

Patricia
10-25-2007, 07:18 PM
However on our September trip, on 2 occasions they did not scan. However, they did compare the name on the "key" with a photo ID (driver's license), this was at MK and Studios.

Now that's Interesting they asked for photo ID. That could be a potential problem for those of us who don't carry our photo ID into the parks. :blush:

CleveRocks
10-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Hostility? Drama? Bring upset? Where has that been going on on this thread???

DisneyDudet
10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
OK, now, since I have never seen anyone with a scanner at the EMH's, please enlighten me...

How do they scan. Do they slide them through a little handheld dealie like a credit card, or is there some sort of barcode? I haven't had a WDW resort key for a while, so I'm out of the loop, I think :(