PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs: exterior or interior entrance to rooms?

cinderellagrl
10-25-2007, 01:13 AM
My family and I will be staying at Saratoga Springs for the first time in december. I checked out the pictures of the resort, but cannot tell whether the individual doors to rooms on set up like a deluxe resort, interior hallways leading to rooms, or more like a moderate.

Also, any opinions on whether to request a dedicated two bedroom villa or non-dedicated (?). We will have six adults in our party.

pennsy22
10-25-2007, 02:19 AM
The building we stayed in last weekend has both interior and exterior halls but the interior halls aren't like what you'd find at Boardwalk or BCV. You don't go through a door to get to the interior halls you just walk into them. There is that clear as mud?:confused: We were in the middle of the building, right next to the elevator and we had an exterior hall. The rooms on either end of the building had interior halls, but they aren't air conditioned or anything.(The halls that is, not the rooms.:D) However there are a lot of buildings and I think some were built at different times so some of the buildings could be totally different.
PS - Boiler Up!:thumbsup:

wendy*darling
10-25-2007, 07:41 AM
SSR has exterior hallways.
It doesn't have the same look or feel as a Value or Moderate. Some areas "feel" a bit more protected from the outside, but are still exterior.

PS - Boiler Up!:thumbsup: :number1: Go Purdue!

MyDisneyworld
10-25-2007, 11:01 AM
I have stayed at 2 different building there and both had the exterior doors. They do have the covered sections that cut through the building but there is no door, just open hallways. I have stayed at resorts with interior hallways and the only time it would make a diffence is if you were going in the hot summer months. Enjoy your stay..... I love the great bus service from there, no stopping at other resorts.

MsMin
10-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Who wants the privacy? The problem w/ the 2bedroom villa and 6 adults is that the rooms are not equal. A one bedroom has the master King bedroom/bath and the studio has the queen and sofa bed. A two bdrm is a studio and 1 bdrm not 2 - 1brdms. You can't join the 2 1-bdrms or 2 studios. Big difference in pts/price. I'd be more concerned about the interior layout than the connecting doors.
We just came back and had 4 adults in a studio. It was cozy but spacious. I would have preferred the 1bdrm.

dolphinmickey9170
10-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I would not request a dedicated 2 bedroom for six adults, this way you can actually have 2 bathrooms!!

We have only stayed in the Congress Park section, but I would have to say after checking out the rest, I would only EVER ask for this area. It was wonderful. And yes, the doors are exterior.

wendy*darling
10-26-2007, 06:51 AM
I would not request a dedicated 2 bedroom for six adults, this way you can actually have 2 bathrooms!!
All 2 bedrooms- dedicated or not, have 2 full bathrooms.

The differences between a dedicated and lock-out 2 bedroom are this:

Lock-out is a 1 bedroom and a studio, both with doors to the hallway. Studio side has a queen bed and a queen pull out couch.There is a connecting door between the 2 units. But both units can be used separately or as a 2 bedroom.
Dedicated- same floor plan as the lockout, but there is not door to the "outside" from the studio/2nd bedroom side. That 2nd bedroom also does not have the mini-kitchen, but it does have 2 queen beds (no pull out couch). There is a door to close between the living room and the bedroom if you like.

Both units have the full size pull out couch in the living room, a full kitchen and a washer/dryer unit.

The dedicated is best for families with smaller kids or those who don't need/want 2 exits out of the villa.

The lock-out is best for 2 families sharing the villa- it's like they really have 2 separate units- like if you got connecting hotels rooms. You can open the connecting door- or not- as needed. But both sides have access to the outside.

DISNEYFIX
10-26-2007, 07:26 AM
Thank you for a spectacular explanation!:thumbsup: