PDA

View Full Version : Christine and Cheryl's dining reviews- 10/16

Hammer
10-24-2007, 11:40 PM
My sister Cheryl will try to add her comments to this thread if she has a chance, but she is going to be very busy at work the next few weeks (though she is home from her site visit in Bermuda).

Lunch- Coronado Springs Pepper Market- 2 CS credits

We spent the morning at Animal Kingdom and none of the available dining option appealed to us as Tusker House was no longer and we had pulled pork as part of the Crystal Palace buffet the night before so we didn't want Flame Tree. So, since we drove to Animal Kingdom, we decided to go to Pepper Market. We are very familiar with the set up here as we have stayed here a few times and really like it. We were seated right away and were given a laminated menu with the choices at the different stations (I think the menu is new since our visit year) We both decided to have the catch of the day tacos which were shrimp and grouper tacos. You received 3 tacos, each brimming with shrimp and grouper. You receive all of the taco fillers (cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and guacamole). The tacos were so much food I declined the rice and beans which came with the dish. I did find a couple of pieces of shell, but I think that is a common problem with fish tacos, as this usually happens when I order it outside Disney. We decided that eating at the Pepper Market may be part of our Animal Kingdom day. I know many who object to the 10% gratuity, but we think the real plates and silverware, as well as the numerous food choices, more than make up for it.

Dinner- Le Cellier- 2 TS used

We had a really good meal here. To start I had the spicy chicken and chipotle sausage, which was spicy, but paired with a creamy polenta which blended well with the spices. Cheryl had duck confit which she looked to enjoy, but it is rare for my sister not to enjoy duck. We always order the mushroom filet mignon, medium rare, and it came out perfectly cooked. We ordered a side of the cream spinach gratinee, which was delicious. For dessert we had creme brulee (they currently only have Vanilla Bean) which was cooked perfectly, unlike the one we had at Wolfgang Puck's, and was very good. Our server was Patrick and he provided very good service. As we had order extras, we gave him additional tip on that bill.

mcb0420
10-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Thanks for all your reviews!

Jared
10-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks for more great reviews, Christine! Tell Cheryl to get over here and post her thoughts!

I'll try Le Cellier eventually. Despite the constant positive reviews, I've never particularly wanted to eat there.

HndrdPrcnt
10-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Christine -

Thanks for your reviews. Sounds like there is yet another restaurant that I must put on my "need to try" list.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
10-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Christine... that review falls into the category of "cruel and unusual punishment." ;) I just may have to schedule a meal at the Pepper Market into our plans. Sounds like they have some very appealing offerings

LoriMistress
10-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for your Le Cellier review!

Maleficent's Dad
10-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Christine,
We love both places. I loved your reviews.
Thanks for sharing! :mickey: