PDA

View Full Version : AKL-bunk beds for adults?

TiggeRia
10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Just a quick question. My family (4 adults) will be traveling to WDW for a week in February. We're staying at the AKL and I was just wondering about the size of the bunk beds. Are they large enough to fit an adult comforatably or are they a smaller size geared just for children? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

wendy*darling
10-24-2007, 09:27 PM
I am sure someone will come along with personal experience. But I know that the bunk beds at the Fort Wilderness Cabins are large enough fo adults. I would think the AKL bunks are the same. But- you never know.

I did want to say that you do not have to get a room with bunk beds. Just request a room with 2 queen beds and the bunk question will not be an issue.

Goofy Dad 13
10-26-2007, 02:34 PM
Should be fine for a normal hight adult. They come out from the wall the same distance as the queen size bed, but they are not open at the end like the queen beds. Needed to clarify, as my feet often stick out over the end of the queen beds, therefore I would have a problem in the bunks.

Laura670
10-26-2007, 02:54 PM
in Jan of this year we stayed at AKL with bunkbeds it was myself, DH,DD7 and DSL my sister in law slept in the bunk beds with my daughter and she had plenty of room. She said that they were comfortable I would say she is an average sized adult.
Hope this helps!:mickey:

TammiMcMan
10-26-2007, 10:54 PM
It's a regular twin size mattress, so width shouldn't be an issue. Because there's a headboard and footboard though, anyone on the tall side may have an issue fully stretched out.

Bunk bed rooms are no longer available by request, so unless you've booked it specifically, you'll end up with a standard 2 queen bed room.

McGoofy
10-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes, I stayed there with 3 ladies one time and 2 of us slept comfortably in the bunk beds. They are average size twin beds. The top bunk will have a wooden side rail (sort of like a gate) so nobody rolls off the side.:)