PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

WDWFREAK101
10-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I know that many people have asked about this but i need to know these things.

Number 1. Is he that annoying as everybody says he is?

Number 2. Does he Ever stop talking?

Number 3. Does he give you interesting trivia? Or is it something everybody knows like (The Park closes at...) or (The parade starts at...)

I just want to know :thumbsup:

DisFan01
10-24-2007, 09:03 PM
I have one, so I should help you out here:

1. Yes, to me, he gets very annoying after a while.

2. He does stop talking sometimes. But you can't really even walk off POTC without him vibrating just to say, "Wow...we made it!".

3. He does give you different trivia )plus show times, ect...)

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-24-2007, 10:02 PM
We really enjoy our Pal Mickey (and I fought off buying one for two trips!)

# 1. no, he isn't that annoying. If he really starts bugging you, turn him off for a while!

# 2. yes, we didn't find that he talked enough!

# 3. he does tell some cool things...he reminds you of parade times, etc, but also lets you know when some lines are short, and DD loves the games and the triva questions.

Celestria
10-24-2007, 11:09 PM
i think he's fun. i've had 2. first one broke after two years and is now a regular stuffed toy.

Celestria
10-24-2007, 11:10 PM
oh yeah, about my two years, he went 4 times in 2 years plus games at home. he was definatly used enough to pay off all of his expense

Mousefever
10-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Pal Mickey only talks if you squeeze him when he vibrates, or if you start playing a game with him. Pal Mickey did us the favor of telling us that Test Track had no line two different days. We also enjoyed the trivia PM shared as we walked into a new country in World Showcase.

Amy

:dory:

MickeyandTink
10-30-2007, 04:19 PM
We also enjoyed the trivia PM shared as we walked into a new country in World Showcase.
:dory:

That's what we liked best about PM. He usually had something as you walked into each country and it was trivia that wasn't posted anywhere, that we could find anyway.

wedway76
10-30-2007, 09:38 PM
My son was 10 when Pal Mickey came out. We bought one that year during our trip and he LOVED it!!!

While PM can be fun for adults, kids in the 7yo to 12yo age range seem to love him.

T_I_Double Guh_Err
01-13-2008, 02:53 AM
We have had ours for a while now, and I really do not find him annoying at all... most of the time, you really do not even realize that he is talking until you really pay attention
Sometimes it is information that would amaze you...l others it is times, which can be cool at times;)

madi47
01-13-2008, 07:34 AM
I also have 2 PM. We like him. I do not notice him talking to much because my DD has him most of the time. We don't take him everyday to the parks but he is always fun the first few days.

realtreebar
01-13-2008, 11:49 AM
great for kids they will get attached but adults want to stiffle the thing at times! "gotta love :mickey: "

Rikkikika
01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
I have an original 1.0 Pal Mickey from 2003 :mjump:, I loved using him that trip! All the tips he gave about lines, parades etc. was great! Now he hasn't been in WDW for a few years . . .does anyone know where he can get "upgraded"? I thought I remember reading somewhere you could bring him into certain retail locations in WDW for this service . . .or is it when you bring him into the parks he automatically gets this update service via IR?

DisneyDog
01-17-2008, 11:39 AM
We also have an original PM. I think he's broken. We have replaced the batteries many times, but his voice sounds like the monorail at the Jersey Shore (a very regional reference, I know, but those familiar will understand). We haven't been to WDW in 3 years, and my DS5 is very attached to Mickey. He does want a new one. What do they look like now?

SAHDad
01-17-2008, 04:36 PM
We have the current Pal Mickey, and we just got back to WDW. My wife got annoyed with him, and my DS (at almost 4) is not yet ready to carry him around all day, so Pal Mickey would get turned off from time to time.

I enjoyed having it around, and my son loved all the games and songs. In general, I think it is one of those things that you will either love or hate; there does not appear to be much middle ground.