PDA

View Full Version : Nutritional Info for Resturants?

ariel03
10-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I was wondering if resturants have to be able to provide nutritional info on all their food? I had the understanding that they did but my local olive garden only has a shortened nutritional info but it does not include what I need to know on my new diet my doctor has me on. Anyone have any info on this? I need carb counts on food. Only allowed 45 grams per meal. I wrote olive garden and they said that they don't offer a full nutritional info on their food.

ElenitaB
10-24-2007, 06:37 PM
There are other sites that good nutritional information on the more popular chain restaurants. Google "diabetic nutrition" and you might find some. Maybe some of the Atkins sites might have listings as well. You can find a resource that I've used (for Weight Watchers), by googling "Dotty's Weight Loss Zone."

Good luck!

Strmchsr
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Because my DS7 is a type-1 diabetic we also need carbs. There isn't a list with all of the carbs on it, but I talked to the folks at Disney's food service and they sent me some stuff that was really helpful. if you would like it send me a PM with your email and I'll forward it on to you.

Marilyn Michetti
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't know if restaurants post nutritional values in obvious places, but they have to give you that information of you ask for it.

McDonalds are now putting NV's on the box for sandwiches and fried, and let me tell you, 1500 calories and 35 g. of fat just isn't worth it.

Whether you're on Weight Watchers or not, buy their companion guide that gives you NV's for every fast food or sit down chain restaurants for every item on their menu. It's a real eye opener:-o

conorsmom2000
10-25-2007, 06:54 AM
You can find a resource that I've used (for Weight Watchers), by googling "Dotty's Weight Loss Zone."

Good luck!

That's the site I was going to suggest - she's got great information on hundred's of restaurants and store items. But if you google it, it's Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. :mickey:

BrerGnat
10-29-2007, 12:30 PM
They don't HAVE to provide it yet, but many restuarants that serve food that is ALWAYS the same portion/ingredients will provide it on request.

However, many full service restaurants simply cannot provide accurate info due to the variances among individual chefs with regards to serving size/cooking methods/ingredients. Although most restaurants have guidelines/standards that the chefs/cooks must follow, many times the serving size, in particular, does not stay uniform, which greatly skews the nutritional info of the dish.