PDA

View Full Version : got a Q about Animal Kingdom....

nicole48040
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
If you get there first thing, what should you do first???? I want to do both EE and Ksafari, so which should we do first????? I don't want to miss the animals, but I don't want to wait forever at EE. If we ride KS, by the time that is done will it be too late to get a fastpass for EE?????? Just trying to get somekind of plan, because we are going at a busy time. Thanks :mickey:

BugeyedMuggy
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Send one person to move quickly for the fast pass for EE and the rest head over to Safari. Do this as early as the park opens and you will have a small wait on the Safari ride and when you get off your fast pass will be ready for EE. Good luck have fun.

JPL
10-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I would do the opposite get a FP for the Safari and use stand by for EE since the queue is really a big part of the attraction and you do not see it using FP.

The animals are out and active throughout the day although traditionally people will say they are more active in the morning which is often true. Disney uses different methods to keep the animals active and visible throughout the day.

Ducklover
10-24-2007, 06:47 PM
We usually do the KS first then go to EE and either grab a fastpass-or see if the single rider line is open. After we get our fastpass for EE, we go to Dinosaur and PW and ride with no wait!

WDWfanatic742
10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Last trip over the summer with friends and we headed to Expedition Everest at opening and the line was already a half hour wait :eek:. Needless to say, we got fastpasses and just got lazy and stayed basically on the right side of the park for the day. By 3pm or so we were heading over to the Safaris and saw that the line was over an hour wait and fastpasses had been gone since around noon.

I'd head over to Expedition Everest for the fact that the ride plus queue first thing in the morning will run you about 15-30 minutes tops. Kilimanjaro Safaris will take about an hour with the ride and queue.

Cindy'smom
10-25-2007, 06:18 AM
....or you could head briskly over to EE, grab fast passes for EE for later (you will want to ride again), jump in the standby line for EE, ride EE, head over to KS, and you still have a FP for EE for later.:cloud9: Thats what I would do. Anyway you shake it, you will have a great time!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
10-25-2007, 12:42 PM
We normally try to get an early breakfast so we're in the park prior to it opening....after eating, we wait, until the actual opening of the park, but your well within it, and very close to the rides eg. EE......once they let us "go" we FP EE, then ride it on standby, which that early is virtually a steady walk to the train....from there depending on the return time we head for KRR, ride it on standby, normally 20 min wait or so.....then FP it, go to EE use the FP for it, then just wing the rest of the day....

WVParkfan
10-25-2007, 12:53 PM
The best recommendation is to get to the park early (at opening). The animals are more-active on the safari, and the lines for EE are smaller.

Both are "can't miss," Disney adventures.

We did just what you are asking on a visit last year after Christmas. The park was soooo crowded, that they closed it by Noon.

We arrived early, got FP's for EE, and then walked directly onto the Safari. After that, it was a quick bite to eat at the Tusker House, and then off to EE. After that, we did Kali, and then walked straight onto Dinosaur. We finished the visit with the Lion King, and then a liesurely stroll through the Oasis. We did ALL of this before Noon!

If you get there early enough, you should be able to do EVERYTHING that you want to do (and some things twice). If you get there late, then you'll have 30-90 minute waits on some of the most-popular rides/ shows.

Polynesian Dweller
10-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Have to agree that the queue at EE is a major part of the attraction. We originality did EE on a FastPass and then this year we did the standby. The queue area definitely improves that attraction!!

If I had to stand in a line, I'd do EE and get an FP for the Safari.

Tink#64
10-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Very good advice here. I was faced with the same dillema last year. Only most other people would get a good laugh at the fact that we spend a good deal of time trying to figure these things out!:funny:
We don't usually split up, so I rationalized that more people may possible ride KS because it is a tamer ride, and so we got to AK at park opening & almost ran to KS first & then went straight to EE & waited in the standby line, because we really wanted to see everything in the queing area. After watching so much on tv about the making of this attraction, we didn't want to miss anything. I don't think stand by was more than 30 minutes at the time. That was in the week leading up to the Memorial Day weekend. It was a bigger crowd than we had ever seen at WDW!

dteed
10-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I would ride EE through the regular line and get fastpasses on the way out, then ride KS regular and go back later for another EE.

GrmGrninGost
10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Go to EE first, ride it, get a fastpass for EE for later, then go to KS and ride it. If you get there at opening time, you should get on EE almost imediately. By the time you get to KS, there still won't be much of a line. It works very well this way! Enjoy! :mickey:

poeticeclipse
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
This is my NEVER FAIL way to see both attractions within the first hour. It's also what the Unofficial Guide tells you to do! It's an awesome plan.

Be there early. At least 45 minutes before opening. Once in, if you're stopped at the rope go to the far right side (I think they normally tell you the far left side but I make an exception with good reason). Once the rope is dropped, have your party keep an eye on one another because you will need to walk very quickly. Stay on the ride side, right behind the CM who is guiding you to EE. If you fall behind, don't try and weave in the middle, just walk through the side shops (no one does this)! Once you're at EE, go into the stand-by line no matter what it says the wait is. They normally jack it up so people think that the wait really is that long and so they will grab fastpasses.

After you get off EE head straight to KS and grab fastpasses. Check out some other stuff and head back to EE when your ride time comes up. You will still have a wait but it won't nearly be as bad as if you went in the stand-by line.

Seasonscraps
10-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Go to EE first, ride it, get a fastpass for EE for later, then go to KS and ride it. If you get there at opening time, you should get on EE almost imediately. By the time you get to KS, there still won't be much of a line. It works very well this way! Enjoy! :mickey:

This was exactly how it worked for us. We walked on EE and had a minimal wait for KS.

Goofy Dad 13
10-26-2007, 02:20 PM
....or you could head briskly over to EE, grab fast passes for EE for later (you will want to ride again), jump in the standby line for EE, ride EE, head over to KS, and you still have a FP for EE for later.:cloud9: Thats what I would do. Anyway you shake it, you will have a great time!:thumbsup:

This is exactly what we do, and when we get off the safari, we can get another fastpass for it for later in the day. We work our way around the rest of the park, hope to get a fastpass for dino or kali, and then finsh the day with EE and the safari.

ZippitydoodaGal
10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Try to ride at night, too - it's a totally different experience than in the daylight.

missalabama
10-26-2007, 03:36 PM
What if you are arriving at noon? We are going to AK as soon as we get off the plane and check in. I think it will be around noon when we actually get to the park.

We will not be riding EE. We did it last time and it made us feel bad the rest of the day.:ack:

We do want to do ....Nemo show, KS, Kali, dinosaur, PW and see the parade. Any ideas on how to get these in would be great! The park closes at 5:00 that day.

mrs.jacksparrow
10-27-2007, 01:50 AM
What if you are arriving at noon? We are going to AK as soon as we get off the plane and check in. I think it will be around noon when we actually get to the park.

We will not be riding EE. We did it last time and it made us feel bad the rest of the day.:ack:

We do want to do ....Nemo show, KS, Kali, dinosaur, PW and see the parade. Any ideas on how to get these in would be great! The park closes at 5:00 that day.

Good Luck on that one. We were there on a Tuesday early Oct. and we did the safari watched LK, the Parade and barely had time to check out Dino Land forget stopping to eat or anything else really.
We got there at about 12:00.
Got almost the last FP for the Safari as soon as we arrived (thanks Intercot for the heads up I knew we had to go there first thing or we would be beat)
When we returned at the FP time people were begging us for our tickets waiting in the stand by line. Asking what time we got them etc because by 2:30 (our return time they were gone for the day) We also took the train to rafiki's plant watch.

Personally I didn't like the park and felt it was a waste of time, so I guess it is good you are going on a short day.
The animals were non-exsitant on the safari and I thought Dino land was kinda lame (we live at the shore and have the games like these at our finger tips)
The best thing I guess, if you like roller coasters, is EE it seemed very Cool and the Parade was neat
I think that parade is the best out of all the parks but worth the price of admition not sure about that.
We saw LK on Broadway and we saw Cirque du Solie La Nuba (with trambolines) the night before so the AK LK show was okay but not worth the long wait etc.
I don't think we will go back to this park.

becbec
10-27-2007, 07:04 PM
I'd like to experience a little bit of it, and wait with my family, but my daughter and I have no intention of riding. Do they make it easy for you to "chicken out", so to speak?