PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Head Island Resort Questions

GFFan
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi all,
I planned a trip to HHI Resort for my birthday weekend (Nov 1-4/07). I just joined DVC in July. This will be my first trip not only to HHI but also as a DVC member. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for my vacation? I would like to make sure I dont miss out on things while down there. I really expect it to be a great birthday, just looking for some tips to assist me for my first time! Thanks so much!

Bill

michelle and warren
10-25-2007, 08:38 PM
We have stayed there a few times. First let me warn you that the eats offsite are better than at the resort, We have eaten 2X at the old oyster factory, the food is great. Also, make sure that you attend the camp fire it was fun (even for the adults) my Daughter really enjoyed riding the bike we rented for her around the property, overall it's a very relaxing place, Enjoy!

pox24
10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
We spent a few nights there last month. I went for the golf and my wife went for the shopping. Food is limited at the resort however, a five minute walk will get you to the marina where there are shoppes and 5 places to eat. The entie island is filled with great dining.Take the drive to Harbourown. The Quarterdeck below the lighthouse was very good. The resort is so unlike the typical WDW hotel. Its quiet, right in the low country. I loved our studio. The layout is unique and its spacious too. Have a great trip.:thumbsup:

sillyolbear
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Haven't yet stayed at the HHI resort, but we hope to in the next year.

We have been to HHI a number of times. Echoing the other posters, Harbour Town is a nice after dinner place to visit. Also, the area has some outstanding restaurants including the already mentioned Old Oyster Factory which has great food and a very nice view.

iloveokw
11-01-2007, 03:05 PM
If you like seafood get directions to the Sea Shack - it is a hole in the wall kinda of place that is very popular with the locals - not open on Sunday. Rachael Ray highlighted the Sea Shack on $40 a Day. Also we LOVE the early bird dinners at Kurama - there are a TON of good places to eat on the island and great shopping.

We also really enjoyed the dolphin cruise from the resort.

Zippy_D_DooDah
11-01-2007, 08:42 PM
I grew up on Hilton Head. Harbor Town is a must. I also loved Coligny Plaza. I haven't been to HH in about 10 years, so I know a lot of things have changed, but looking at a map of Coligny that I found while doing a google search, it looks like it's still a "happening" area. It's down at the second traffic circle. Enjoy your trip!