PDA

View Full Version : What were they building????

Marker
10-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok, here's the story. I was just watching an episode of Full House where the Tanner family goes to Walt Disney World. In a shot early in the episode (pt 1) they are at the Grand Floridian and over Joey's shoulder you can see 3 crains sticking up. So, it peaked my curiousity as to what those cranes were for.

There were 3, so it was likely something substantial. The episode aired on May 11, 1993. My first thought was that maybe it was Splash Mountain which opened in 1992, because Michelle mentions the ride multiple times (thought it might be some "subtle" promotion of the new ride). I figure that even though the episode aired in 1993, it may have been taped in 1992. But, according to Wikipedia, the soft opening of Splash Mountain was July 17, 1992. I'm thinking that may be too far in advance.

Anyone have any other insite into this mind boggling question?

Marker
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I may have just answered my own question. Wilderness Lodge opened in May of 1994, a year after the episode in question aired.

I would think that crains at Wilderness Lodge would be visible from the Grand Floridian.

Any other thoughts?

Ian
10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
It would depend on how the camera was oriented.

If they were looking in the right direction, then yes ... I'd think you could see cranes at WL from the GF.

gerald72
10-24-2007, 03:46 PM
It wasn't Splash Mountain. That was already operational at the time of filming. There is a clip (Youtube) with them in front of Splash Moutain saying Happy Easter from the cast of Full House.

kakn7294
10-24-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm betting it was WL too. Although I've never stayed there, I do remember many folks saying you could see the fireworks at MK really well from the upper floors in the early years before the trees grew up. I would assume that during construction that you would have been able to see the cranes over those same trees and it is in sight range from the GF.