PDA

View Full Version : Help with ADRs!!!

Deesdisney
10-24-2007, 11:56 AM
I am taking some of my family to WDW at the end of Jan. and would like to know if it is hard just to walk up and get into these rest.:
Prime Time 50s
Coral Reef
1900 Park Fare
San Angel
Chief Mickeys
We have ADR for:
Royal Table
Hollywood & Vine
Tusker House
My problem is the family members I am taking have never been there so I do not know what is going to happen. We are going for 8 nights and 8 day park pass so I do not know if on a few days we might leave the parks early or show up late. Any suggestions?

laprana
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure about January specifically because I''ve never been at that time. But, I've heard it's a lot less crowded then, so you might be able to do some walk-ups. I think that you might have a really tough time with Coral Reef and Chef Mickey's, though. We called in September to get an ADR at Coral Reef for our December trip and they said it's booked up until February! Chef Mickey's fills up pretty fast, too, because it's a really popular character meal, so you might not be able to do a walk-up there. I'm not too sure about the others. 50's Prime Time has always been packed to the gills when we've been there, but that has always been in June. I think it's best to just make ADRs if you know there are certain places you want to eat. Have a great time wherever you end up!!:thumbsup:

Tygger7
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
I agree that you may have problems with Coral Reef...and you may also have trouble with San Angel Inn. Maybe call Disney ADR and check and see what availability they have at those restaurants during the time you're scheduled to be there. You know if you can't get an ADR, then you most likely won't be able to get a walk-up table. Hope that helps!

LibertyTreeGal
10-24-2007, 03:49 PM
It's so hard to tell anymore! The slow times are getting less and less slow! And right now her have absolutely no clue as to how the DDP changes will affect things. If more people buy it, then you are dealing with people making 2 ADR's a day instead of one. If people boycott it, then walk ins are going to be easier.

Right now all we can do is speculate -- however, calling disney Dining and asking how thick they are booked for January might be a good diea.

Jared
10-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't expect to eat at any of the restaurants you mentioned without a reservation. Coral Reef and Chef Mickey's are two of the most popular places in Walt Disney World, and 1900 Park Fare and San Angel Inn are also quite good.

Try to eat at off-hours when fewer people have reservations.