PDA

View Full Version : any advice

mathteah
10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Hello everyone,

My family and I just bought into the DVC at the AKV.:mickey: We are so excited and have already booked our first vacation for 1/28 - 2/3 2008. We are staying 2 days at OKW and the rest at BWV. I was wondering if you can give me any tips or advice as to what I need to bring, what is available, etc. I have 2 young boys ages 3 and 1.

Thanks, any suggestions or tips would be great.

DVC Mike
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Congrats and Welcome Home!

Are you staying in a studio or a 1-BR?

DVC2004
10-24-2007, 11:36 AM
COngrats and welcome home! If you will be staying in a studio, DVC provides towels, paper bowls and plates, some coffee mugs, paper towels and a small toiletry kit. You can utilize grocery delivery if you are not renting a car- DVC resorts have a downloadable grocery list on the member website if you are looking to have some items on hand. There are hairdryers in all but you may want to bring your own shampoo/conditioner as the sample sizes on't last. In a 1 BR or larger you will have all the pots, pans, utensils, a starter Tide box (1 wash), towels and toiletry kit. So, it's up to you if you want to bring down more laundry soap or if you want to order any food. I have always found the villas to be pretty well prepared with what you need. We don't cook but have ordered groceries such as water, soda, juice, snacks, and a few breakfast items. Enjoy your first trip home and here's for many more wonderful trips and memories to come!:thumbsup:

vizsla
10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
:mickey:Welcome to Intercot and Welcome Home:mickey:

You can log onto dvcmember.com and get your account set-up if you haven't done so already, and view all the amenties that DVC offers, or you can also look in your DVC Planner/Handbook that you should have received in the mail.

mathteah
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the tips. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa. Do they have high chairs or can I get one. my 3 year old still needs bed rails do they have them available. Thanks for telling me they supply paper towels. I was going to bring them. Where would you suggest I order food and supplies to be delivered? We will not have a car.

Maleficent's Dad
10-24-2007, 04:29 PM
First off:

Welcome Home!!!

:clappy: :woohoo: :clappy:

You'll love the 2BR! They are spacious and very nice to come back to after the parks! OKW's will be significantly larger than the BW's 2BR; you'll see what I mean when you get there - but not to worry, they're both great!

We've ordered food from DVC in the past - it's a nice service as they deliver right to your room. Anything that needs to be refrigerated, they'll put in the fridge for you if you're not in the room.

Garden Grocer, an Intercot Sponsor will deliver to Bell Services for you if you go through them. You'll save money through GG over DVC.

All rooms have high chairs. If you don't find one in your closet, call housekeeping and they'll bring one to you.

You're going to love your new accomodations!