PDA

View Full Version : Product Liability Insurance

BigDisneyDad
10-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I have a question for any of you business insurance experts out there. My wife and I are opening an online retail skateboard shop (there is a link to the myspace page in my profile) and we seem to have hit a snag with finding someone to write a product liability policy for a business like this. All of the insurance companies we've spoken to say that they aren't familiar with how to write a policy to protect an online retailer against product defects that may come from the manufacturer of the parts that we will sell. :bang:

Please help...We're stuck until we can get this fugured out.:confused: :(

Thanks
BigDisneyDad

Ian
10-23-2007, 08:22 PM
I always hate uttering these words, but you need to call an attorney (just kidding, all you attorneys out there!).

Any good small business lawyer should be able to point you in the right direction.

BigDisneyDad
10-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Thanks Ian (Iam),

We were trying to avoid having to pay an attorney for this part of the start up but it looks like we may have to go that route.

JanetMegan
10-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Ah welcome to the wonderful world of start up insurance!!

A partner and I are opening our own contracting business January 1, 2008. We have found the best thing to do is to work with a broker to help you with the GL/PL/and any WC ins. Are you working with an individual insurance company or an insurance broker group? A lawyer isn't going to be as much help as a GOOD insurance broker. Feel free to PM me as I am basically going through the same thing with a new company...