PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Friends!

TBY2225
10-23-2007, 04:12 PM
In honor of my 300th post :mickey: I have a question for you all!

I would love to hear about how any of you met and become friends with others as a result of Intercot!

I got a PM from a fellow Intercot member back in May and she and I started PMing and then emailing. We finally met a few weeks ago. Because of this site, I made a new friend who loves Disney as much as I do. I don't want to call her out, but if she responds that is cool too!
Can't wait to hear about your experiences!

youngOx96
10-23-2007, 04:54 PM
:woohoo: Woo Hooo!! 300! Good job.

As you already know, I've already met enough "weirdos" from the internet - you know who you are! Just kidding.:)

I haven't been a member long enough to have met anyone else.

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 05:40 PM
:) Well, I joined this site almost 2 1/2 yrs ago, but didn't post regulary for awhile... but once I did, there were certain people who seemed to always be on the same thread as I was, or who were always really great about answering my (many) questions!!

I'd never had the chance to meet any of them until the big meet last week - although I still considered some of them "online friends", just through our PM's and posts.

Now, I have to say, I can definitely count these folks as friends, and I'm looking forward to getting together with a few of them "offsite" in the next few weeks, just to hang out and see each other again, as well as meet a few more who couldn't make it down to Florida.

So - as odd as I would've thought it if someone else had tried to describe the same situation, I have to say that this site has allowed me to meet some truly wonderful people, and I've gained some special friendships as a result!! :D

kakn7294
10-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I've been here a little over a year and have met some great people online that I consider friends even though we've never met in person. This past August, we had the opportunity to meet Kristen (dolphinmickey9170), John (DWHUBBY), and Karen (DisneyWhirled) at the MK. We're working on another trip in August 2008 and hope to hang out with Kristen again.

mickey&missy
10-23-2007, 07:12 PM
The great thing about this board is the friendly nature. A lot, and I mean a lot, of the other boards get rather un-friendly and downright nasty sometimes! Its nice to know you can come here and be among friends!

SgtTigger
10-23-2007, 07:33 PM
This is something that is near and dear to my heart.....
I love INTERCOT.... I have meet some of the nicest people on this board.......

I have been to some meets here in New Orleans and meet some great people.....
I have also gone to some meets at Disney and met some of the wonderful people from the boards.
I have even been recognized while in the parks once........ Freaked out my niece to see some lady yelling my name across Pecos Bills......

After hurricane Katrina 2 INTERCOT Friends bought me a Christmas Tree and ton of ornaments to decorate it....... This is something I will never forget and I am reminded of this every year when we put up the tree. Another couple of friends came down after the storm and brought us some nice things we needed.....

I have had a meet at my house just this past summer. We had a great time with great people...... I also PM with several members some every day. It is something I look forward to each and every day........

I also meet one member who lives by Disney and we get to see each other every trip. She makes a special trip just to spend time with us and that has become a special part of every trip......

So I can say that I love INTERCOT and would love to meet everyone here........

:cop: :tigger: