PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Rooms

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
:mickey:I've been reading a lot about the resorts and have decided on Pop Century for our Dec. 20-30, 2008 trip. I have some questions about requesting specific rooms. I would like to stay near the laundry facilities so I don't have to drag the laundry bags so far. Also, I have heard the 50's building was really neat because you can see Epcot's fireworks. Is there a specific building or room numbers I should request. I've heard that if you book far enough they will try to accomodate requests.

Last trip
Dec. 26, 2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs/with dining plan
Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Stars Movies/without dining plan

MauiMouse
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
If you want to see Iluminations from Pop Century then definitely try and request the 50s section and building #2. (Near the huge Jukebox) You'll want to go up to the 4th floor and to the northern most area of that building. We did this on our last night of our trip last year, very nice advantage point. :thumbsup:

The laundry area is also closest to building #2 as well. Check out the map in the Resort area of INTERCOT. Pop Century Map (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg)

brogan54
10-23-2007, 09:29 PM
we stayed there this past sept for 2 weeks and we stayed in the 80's building room 8440 from our side and room 8438 would be a bir better you could actually see the epcot fireworks but also the mk ones as well though they were a bit further off it was still spectacular to see both going at the same time. hope this helps.:secret:

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
When we stayed there we had the Fifties building. It was very close to the laundry facilities, and had a bowling pin shaped pool there also.

Our rooms were on the outside facing the paring lot (can't remember exact #s). You were able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from window and had a better view if you went to the bowling pin stairwell.

The only downside to these rooms was the length of walk from food court/buses to the rooms. At the end of a long day at the parks a long walk to your room after the buses can be a bit of a bummer.

That being said, we all still had a great time. I would recommend this to anyone going down.:thumbsup:

Taja
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Laundry facilities are near the quiet pools. Request a building in that vicinity.

And if you don't like noise, request the room on the side of the building away from the pool. A little farther to walk, but much quieter! :)

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-25-2007, 02:15 PM
:
When we stayed there we had the Fifties building. It was very close to the laundry facilities, and had a bowling pin shaped pool there also.

Our rooms were on the outside facing the paring lot (can't remember exact #s). You were able to see the fireworks from Illuminations from window and had a better view if you went to the bowling pin stairwell.

The only downside to these rooms was the length of walk from food court/buses to the rooms. At the end of a long day at the parks a long walk to your room after the buses can be a bit of a bummer.

That being said, we all still had a great time. I would recommend this to anyone going down.:thumbsup::cool: Thanks.

youngOx96
10-25-2007, 05:08 PM
I can't speak on the fireworks. The only fireworks my family and I observed from Pop were the few we saw of Fantasmic from the Pop parking lot.

Laundry facilities are located near all three pools. So the 90's, 60's, and the 50's all have laundry facilities nearby. During my most recent stay, I took advantage of the laundry near the Hippy Dippy pool. The advantage of this facility is it's proximity to the Bar and the Everything Pop food court. I believe that all the machines are $2. Good luck.