PDA

View Full Version : Best Location at OKW??

nadisnut
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
This will be our first time staying at the Old Key West Resort, do any of you DVCr's have a suggestion as to which Building would be the best location, closet to the Main Pool etc. or best view, we will be staying in a 2 bedroom Villa.
:cloud9:

Maleficent's Dad
10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
We prefer to be near the main pool area - it's got a lot to offer up there including the community hall, pool, tennis, basketball, etc...

Good locations with good views:
Buildings 11-13, 64, 16, and our favorite loop, buildings 23-26.

All are a short walk to the main area with nice views out on your balcony. :mickey:

Horizon93
10-23-2007, 04:07 PM
What are the buildings to try to avoid? We will be there on our next trip. We don't mind walking, but we want our first OKW experience to be a great one.

pox24
10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
2410 studio is where we always stay. Across the street from everything and on the 6th hole fairway. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
10-23-2007, 06:28 PM
What are the buildings to try to avoid? We will be there on our next trip. We don't mind walking, but we want our first OKW experience to be a great one.
Ed,
Personally I love OKW. It's known for seclusion and "getting away from the parks" type of atmosphere.

However, I don't like to get too far away...

I'd avoid buildings like those in the 30's or higher. 19-22 are also removed, but not too bad.

Your best bet is checking here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/okw07.JPG)for what might suit you best! :mickey:

Zippy_D_DooDah
10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Didn't I read in a recent Vacation Magic that you now have to request the villas close to the Hospitality House well in advance now? I can't seem to find the magazine, but I'm sure I read it. We wanted to stay close to the HH and main pool in September, but ended up way down at the end of Miller's Road. It was a hike to HH, but not all that bad. We stayed at South Point back in February and I think I like that area better.

Iluvpooh
10-24-2007, 10:32 PM
I like to request several different buildings that would work for me. That way if one of your first choices is full, they don't just put you anywhere.

I can say that the 50s are WAY out of the way.

ldn324
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I can say that the 50s are WAY out of the way.

Ohh, that's what I love about the 50s buildings! Particular #54 which we always request, but can hardly ever get. I think we only had it one year. Lovely view of the water, especially from upstairs. And super nice and quiet :cloud9:

Of course, it's just DH and I - no kids and we always rent a car. We also prefer the quiet pools and hot tubs at night and tend to avoid the main area by the hospitality house. That's the great thing about OKW though - there's a place for everyone to be comfortable :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
10-25-2007, 10:40 PM
We just stayed in #23 and it was a very quick walk to the hospitality area. It was also very quiet. You don't hear the buses or your neighbors. We really liked this area.

hubbyofadisneyholic
10-27-2007, 09:04 PM
It all depends on what you want.
After the hustle and bustle of a day at the parks we enjoy a bit of peace and quiet. So for us the buildings down by the bus stop at South Point are perfect.
The view is very nice and it is a short walk to one of the quiet pools.
But, I can understand why others would want to be closer to the HH.
The variety of choices is one of the things we like the most about OKW.:cloud9:

Horizon93
10-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Ed,
Personally I love OKW. It's known for seclusion and "getting away from the parks" type of atmosphere.

However, I don't like to get too far away...

I'd avoid buildings like those in the 30's or higher. 19-22 are also removed, but not too bad.

Your best bet is checking here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/okw07.JPG)for what might suit you best! :mickey:

Thanks Frank. I should have found that myself! The map is very helpful. After reading all of these great posts, I can't wait to stay at OKW! I will likely roll the dice and see what we get. We love to walk, so I am not worried. OKW sounds great.