PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan at Fish Shop

avantgardeinker
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Has anyone used your counter service credit for a meal at Yorkshire County Fish Shop in the UK at EPCOT. Just wondering if it's worth using an entire CS credit for it.

Thanks!
44 more days!!
:mickey:

JPL
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I really like the authentic Fish n Chips but what I don't like is no place to sit and enjoy them. The seating area is very limited and not indoors so eating greasy Fish n Chips in the hot Florida sun is not my idea of fun.

drhama
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
We always look forward to the fish but were very disappointed on this last visit in Sept. The fish was soggy and just ok. Certainly nothing special. Hopefully, it was just an off day. We will try again next year.

JPL
10-24-2007, 08:34 AM
The fish was soggy and just ok. Certainly nothing special. Hopefully, it was just an off day. We will try again next year.

I hate to be an advocate for the unhealthy but I think this is the removal of the Trans fats from the cooking process. I noticed the same thing with the Chicken Strips at a few CS restaurants. I also noticed this at some local chains like KFC where the flavor is just not the same.

RockChalkKimball
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I always stop there for fish. I hope they haven't ruined all the fun by changing it something "healthier". I can do healthy at home! If you go there to eat, there is a nice english garden right across the street. You can see if from the fish stand. It is on the back of the tea shop and has several tables and chairs.

Beast_fanatic
10-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Are you worried that you aren't getting a good value by using a counter service credit there? While it was likely one of our less expensive counter service meals, we were fine with using a counter service credit for it. We were very full afterwards, and the food was yummy (ours was not soggy at all - it was crisp and piping hot, and the chips (fries) are the best). And, the shortbread cookies for dessert are good too.

As far as seating, we also always go across the street to the garden area behind the tea shop.

Crow
10-25-2007, 05:35 PM
i used a CS there in Sept & liked it. plenty for me. i sat on a bench in the area where the band plays to get away from the sun.
id say go for it esp w :beer:

Natazu
10-27-2007, 01:40 AM
I was there a few days ago. You get 2 pieces of fish, fries, a regular fountain drink, and a piece of shortbread.

For really good deep fried fish (or scallops, or shrimp) Cookes of Dublin at DTD is an awesome Dining Plan CS value. :twocents: