PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree in Rooms

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I saw a thread about someone leaving lights on their Christmas tree in their room. We are staying at Pop Century Dec. 20 through Dec. 30, 2008. I would like to have a Christmas tree in our room. Is this something you pay extra for or is it automatically provided? If you pay, is there a price list, choices etc...What about other resorts, is it the same?

Barb_A
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
You can do it through Walt DIsney Florist .. tho they are pricey!
WDW Florist
www.disneyflorist.com 1-407-827-3505

We took the easy way out and just mailed down our tree, wraped presents, stockings, lights and decorations to our room before we left for vacation!

Taja
10-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Trees are available through Disney Florist and are a bit on the pricey side--for my budget, anyway! *LOL*

You also can purchase an artificial tree offsite (keep it small--POP rooms aren't overly spacious--and decorate it. Or ship one from home--or pack it in your luggage!

Some people also decorate the window in their room.

I know people who have done all of these. I usually just purchase a holiday floral arrangement for the table in the room and leave my tree at home!

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Trees are available through Disney Florist and are a bit on the pricey side--for my budget, anyway! *LOL*

You also can purchase an artificial tree offsite (keep it small--POP rooms aren't overly spacious--and decorate it. Or ship one from home--or pack it in your luggage!

Some people also decorate the window in their room.

I know people who have done all of these. I usually just purchase a holiday floral arrangement for the table in the room and leave my tree at home! I checked their prices and they are way out of line for my budget. When you ship one from home, will they put it in your room for you? Thanks for the advice.

big blue and hairy
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
We just take a tabletop tree. We bring it from home and it's already decorated! :santa:

:sulley:

TammiMcMan
10-23-2007, 03:10 PM
The Dream Tree provided by the Disney Florist is beautiful, but at $365, that's quite a costly souvenier. You can have it packaged and shipped home after your stay though, so you'll always have it.

The only rooms that I know automatically come with their own Christmas tree are the suites in the deluxe resorts.

If you ship your own tree, they will not set it up for you unless you are staying in a concierge room. When you check-in, your box should be at the front desk. They'll give it to you then and you can unpack and setup whatever you shipped down to yourself.

Bethis26fan
10-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Also if you look at target & walmart they have little 2 foot tinkerbell & I think mickey trees. I think they run like $20.00 but that would be a cute to have.

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Also if you look at target & walmart they have little 2 foot tinkerbell & I think mickey trees. I think they run like $20.00 but that would be a cute to have.
Well, I am a tinkerbell freak, so I will have to look for that. Thanks A lot:mickey:

Bethis26fan
10-23-2007, 04:54 PM
It's a purple tree this year with tink. Last year it was like a neon green one (the one my cousin has) They are pretty cute.

Bringonthemouse!
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
We just take a tabletop tree. We bring it from home and it's already decorated!

That is what we are doing this year. We bought a tree about 2' tall from Michaels along with lights and some decorations. Of course, we plan to add to our decoration collection when we arrive!

:santa::tree:

Tink's Mom
10-24-2007, 06:57 AM
A miniature tree would be perfect. We spent Christmas 2005 at CSR, and brought a small fiber optic tree, and it was just the right size for our room. We set it on the table in front of our window, and it looked beautiful. We also put lights around the window. That year hallmark had miniature princess ornaments (I have 2 DD's), and they were perfect for the tree. They had the cutest miniature glass Mickey head ornaments at the gift shop, so we bought those. Now when we put our little "Disney Christmas Tree" up, it brings back alot of great memories. Oh, make sure you bring an extension cord to reach the outlet. :tree: Have fun shopping!

big blue and hairy
10-24-2007, 08:40 AM
That is what we are doing this year. We bought a tree about 2' tall from Michaels along with lights and some decorations. Of course, we plan to add to our decoration collection when we arrive!

:santa::tree:
Oh yeah, when I said "already decorated", I meant by us, not the store. :santa:

:sulley:

Bethis26fan
10-24-2007, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=Tink's Mom;1456083]Oh, make sure you bring an extension cord to reach the outlet. :tree: [QUOTE]

Good tip, lol I didn't think that, cause the light cords are short.

Bethis26fan
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh, make sure you bring an extension cord to reach the outlet. :tree:

Good tip, lol I didn't think that, cause the light cords are short.

Taja
10-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Or just pack an extension cord in your geek bag!

Mine is always packed, along with phone and laptop chargers, telephone line & connectors for emergency dial-up web use, etc.

jillluvsdisney
10-24-2007, 09:13 PM
We stayed at WL for 11 nights in Dec 2004. I packed a small table top tree, some lights, linsel and ornaments in carry on. I set up my own tree and enjoyed it every day. I left it all there when I checked out. Maybe the next person in the room got to enjoy it as well.

Last year, many, many windows at POP were decorated for Thanksgiving. I thought that was just too cool.