PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear 'round T day??

mickeymousedabomb
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
So for all you Thanksgiving goers, how's the weather?? I have 3 clear ponchos from last years trip over the summer, do you think we should pack them this time around? Just how much rain does WDW get during the times we'll be there? Nov 21- Dec 1 :umbrella: :rain:
Thanks in advance!!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
It's Florida - I wouldn't trust the weatherman anymore than I trust a rabid dog not to bite me.

Having lived here all my life, I can say that you honestly never know what will happen. My advice would be to prepare for every type of weather including rain, heat, and cold.

Personally, I stopped bothering with umbrellas and ponchos at the realization that they are completely useless and pointless. I mean sure, they keep part of you dry - ponchos yes more than an umbrella. But your feet and legs get wet and if you wear sneakers all the time like me...that is the worst and grossest feeling. So if I am going to be miserable with wet feet, what difference does it make if my whole body is wet?

mudpuppysmom
10-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Our ponchos NEVER come out of our Disney backpack......so I never have to worry whether we have them or not.

One time last December I had to get one out of the package when we were waiting to see Santa at the American pavilion, but once I got it out of the package it quit raining, so it never even got unfolded!!

I'd pack it as you never know when a pop up shower might be overhead! It might rain at MK and not at Epcot -- one just never knows!

IloveDisney71
10-23-2007, 05:34 PM
I went the week-end before Tkg. two years ago and it rained almost every afternoon. It didn't pour, but we did use our ponchos. It didn't rain for more than an hour or two.
I'd pack the ponchos just to be on the safe side.

Vintage Disney
10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
We visited WDW last year Nov 25 - Dec 3. There were a few little rain showers. We needed rain gear the most during MVMCP when it started raining as we were waiting for the parade to start. The parade was delayed because of the rain and we didn't want to give up our place so we waited for quite a while in the rain.