PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tree in rooms

Bethis26fan
10-23-2007, 01:30 PM
I was just wondering who all left the lights turned on when they are at the parks for the day?

PlutoLover
10-23-2007, 02:43 PM
This is my first time going at Christmas Time and if I was there for Christmas Day I would definitely want a tree in my room but I would treat it as I would at home and not leave it on all day. I am super afraid of fire and I know it's Disney and they pay the bills but it really is unnecessary use of electricity. I might ask at the front desk though, they might encourage you to leave it on for when you get back at night or maybe if you have turn down service you can request the maid put it on at that point.

TammiMcMan
10-23-2007, 03:38 PM
When we stayed at the YC during the holidays, we were told specifically not to leave our lights on when we were out of the room due to the fire hazard.

Bethis26fan
10-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't leave them on either. I was just curious with the post I read about diffrent windows being decorated at resorts.

DDuck66
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
We would turn the lights on in the late afternoon and keep them going until we got back for bed. It was not necessary to turn them on during the day because you could not see them that well.
As far as the windows, we saw a lot of people decorate with the window clings, stuffed animals, and even the fake snow..not the spray on kind, but rather the cotton type. It was really nice to see how many different ideas people came up with.

garymacd
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
It is too dangerous to leave the lights on - and a waste of electricity. I love Christmas lights and I like candles for atmosphere, but I have seen too many fires caused by candles and tree lights.

Just call me being cautious. Everyone please have a happy and safe holiday season. I hope I am the first to wish everyone that.

EJS-Houston
10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
At home I put my Christmas Tree lights on a timer so it's only on for about 3 hours at night whether or not I'm there...just to save on electricity, and to make it look as though I'm home even when I'm not. So unless I could pack a timer and do the same at DisneyWorld, I'd recommend leaving the lights off when you leave the room.

ToDisney
10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
At home I put my Christmas Tree lights on a timer so it's only on for about 3 hours at night whether or not I'm there...just to save on electricity, and to make it look as though I'm home even when I'm not. So unless I could pack a timer and do the same at DisneyWorld, I'd recommend leaving the lights off when you leave the room.

We did this at the FWL cabins when we were there. And I plan too do it this year too. A timer is wonderful to use with you tree, that way not only can other people enjoy your tree (if it is in front of a window) But its on and ready to greet you whenever you get back!
:tree: 42 Day til Disney!

EPCOT84
10-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Happy upcoming Holidays. This is my 70th Post so I just made "Cast Member" :mpumpkin:

Never been to WDW during Christmas so this surprises me. They allow people to bring in a Christmas :tree: to the rooms ? Is everyone talking about little desktop artificial trees or fresh cut trees?

Or is this something the hotels provide by request or they have in all rooms?

TammiMcMan
10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
They allow people to bring in a Christmas :tree: to the rooms ? Is everyone talking about little desktop artificial trees or fresh cut trees? Yes, Disney does allow small artificial trees during the holidays.

Or is this something the hotels provide by request or they have in all rooms?The only rooms that automatically come with decorated trees are the deluxe resort suites. Otherwise, guests can bring their own or order one through the Disney Florist. This year, they are offering a Magical Dreams tree (http://www.disneyflorist.com/product/waltdisneyworldflorist-the-2007-disney-world-holiday-dream-tree-1/display)for $365. After your done enjoying it at the resort, you can arrange to have it shipped home (still pretty pricey though).

Lil Chip
11-12-2007, 03:58 AM
How do you get a Christmas Tree in your room? That is cool! :mickey::cloud9:

TammiMcMan
11-12-2007, 05:53 AM
How do you get a Christmas Tree in your room?Guests can bring their own or order one through the Disney Florist. This year, they are offering a Magical Dreams tree for $365. The Disney Florist will deliver it to your room.

Dznygrl79
11-13-2007, 08:02 AM
This is our second time going in December, last time (2005) we saw windows decorated for the holidays at POP. This time we are staying at all star sports and we are bringing lights, stockings, and ornaments to decorate our window. I am very excited about this I don't think we will order a tree just decorate the window.:stock:

Catwillow
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't leave them on at home unattended...why in the world would I do that in a residence that doesn't even belong to me???