PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass strategy

Goofy Pluto
10-23-2007, 01:00 PM
Hi everyone.

31 days to go! WOO HOO!!

Anyway, that's not what I'm writing about...

I was just wondering what are some good strategies for getting and using fastpasses most effectively. I'm worried about rushing to get a fastpass for an attraction only find out that it's in a time period where maybe we have a meal or too soon to go do something else and now have to wait. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Also, can you still only get one fastpass at a time or can you go to several rides and get fastpasses from each of them?

Thanks!

Narawen
10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
If the line is long, get the FP even if you have a meal scheduled during the allotted time. You can use a fast pass any time same day after your allotted time, just not before. And you can still only get one at a time, on the FP it will tell you when you can get the next one. It's either when your ride time for the current fast pass begins, or 2 hours after you get the fast pass.

Have your top 3 or 5 FP rides, and as soon as you enter the park get a FP for the first one. go on some nearby rides, and after you ride the first fp ride, get a 2nd FP, etc.

DisneyDudet
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Essentially, you can only hold one FP at a time, but there are ways around it, without cheating the system.

Most of the time, when we get FP's we won't use it, until we get another, so we are killing time by riding. Say, I enter Epcot at opening. I want to ride Soarin at least twice so I get a FP for it, plus get in line. Well, I am out of the first time with a lot of time to spare, so I head on over to TT and MS. Well, TT has a wait of 45 min already but MS is ten, well, I ride MS. When I'm done, I look at my Soarin FP and it says 930. Its 935. That means, I can get another FP. So, before I head over to Soarin, I pick up a FP for TT. So, I am now holding 2 FPs. This strategy may require a lot of walking, but that kills time as well.

Now, if the wait time for a ride is 20 min, and the FP time isn't for another hour, why get a FP? You will spend more time waiting for the FP time than waiting in line. If it is a ride you like, why not get an FP, then get in standby line, therefore, if the line picks up, you can ride twice with min wait. My rule of thumb is, if its 30 min or less, just get in standby.

As far as rushing to get an FP for a time that is not conducive to your plans, that is a chance you might take. Epcot has screens in Future World East, West, and at the main Tip Board that list the times the FPs are going for, as well as the wait times for standby. That will help you with that park. The other parks do have tip boards that say there are FPs available or not (which we found to be incorrect, as EE had some, when the tip board said they didn't). Most of the time, the only way to know if there are FPs available, is to visit the attraction.

If you plan on having a meal, don't get an FP if the return time is during your meal. If your meal is at 5 and the FP return time starts at 555, I would almost bet you would be out of your meal before 655, so I would go ahead and get the FP.

Also, some people report being able to use the FP, even after the time expires. This is touch and go, and is never guaranteed. I wouldn't use it after expiration because it is actually defeating the purpose of FP. There is a limited amount of FP's distributed per hour for any given attraction. If you add more people on other hours, you are adding more people to the line, which make it longer. I know, you might not think that is much, but DLR does this, and I noticed that the FP lines there were much longer than WDW.