PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh..I just realized I made a fashion mistake!

GA girl
10-23-2007, 11:06 AM
We overslept this morning so I was I rushing getting dressed. I just looked down. Brown pants, black shirt and navy blue shoes.

offwego
10-23-2007, 11:07 AM
We overslept this morning so I was I rushing getting dressed. I just looked down. Brown pants, black shirt and navy blue shoes.

Oops! do you keep a spare pair of shoes in the office?

kakn7294
10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
If anyone says anything, just tell them that you are starting a new fashion trend! I once wore a navy jacket with black pants to a wedding. Nobody said anything so either it was too dark in the hall for them to really notice or they were all too polite to say.

GrumpySue
10-23-2007, 11:59 AM
At least your shoes match, I can't tell you how many people in my office have showed up with one navy blue and one black shoe. :haha:

MsMin
10-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Maybe you can tell everyone your shirt is really blue and not black:D Then go for the whole brown and navy thing. Or that opps this shirt looked blue @ home:blush: Option C: get a black marker and draw some sandles on your feet but w/ this option you are still out of season:(. Option D: hang a sign on your back saying be nice I've had a rough morning.
I've grabbed the wrong shoes before and felt uncomfortable all day. Sounds like you can just laugh a little at yourself -- hope you have a great day :hug:

ibrowse17
10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
May the Fashion Police:cop: have mercy on your soul.:)

Flower
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
We went to a wedding once for DH's colleagues - I looked down during the ceremony and realized I was wearing navy nylons & a black dress - the nylons were VERY obvious though.

I rushed to a drug store between the ceremony and reception to buy a black pair. I am conscious of that now!

Good luck! I hope nobody notices the shoes!!! Keep your feet under the desk as much as possible! :blush:

pogo
10-23-2007, 12:59 PM
We overslept this morning so I was I rushing getting dressed. I just looked down. Brown pants, black shirt and navy blue shoes.You know Leigh...... I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything. Now I can :haha: :funny:

Just act like you planned it that way and don't swet the small stuff ! :D

scottgr
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Think we have been there at some point. :mickey:

GA girl
10-23-2007, 01:20 PM
I can always just wear my red and black Georgia Bulldog slipper socks that I keep in my desk drawer.
The day is almost over and I don't think that anyone has noticed anyway. Working at a trucking company you see a lot of fashion mistakes. What not to wear could make a whole season in this place. There is a guy in the breakroom right now with Dale Earnhardt #3 pants on. I think I might just go out and sit next to him.:D

DVC2004
10-23-2007, 02:02 PM
At least your shoes match, I can't tell you how many people in my office have showed up with one navy blue and one black shoe. :haha:

My friend did that before, she had two identical pairs of shoes but one pair in black and the other in blue. :blush:

I don't buy identical shoes so I don't worry about this!

prprincess
10-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Don't even sweat it. It happens, and you have an excuse. As long as your clothes are clean and you don't smell, you're fine by me!

thrillme
10-23-2007, 03:58 PM

Thank you thank you....I'm glad to know I'm not alone in this department. I grabbed my shoes and ran out the door...drove to work with them on the passengers seat. Once I got to work I put them on and trotted on in thinking one of the heels had gotten broken. SIGH...not only did they not match (blue/black) one heel was shorter than the other.

I've also been guilty of starting the "inside out" style...Fortunately for me my building is chilly so I usually end up throwing on a sweater first thing. One of these days I'll learn that I'm NOT a "bat" :bat: and turn on a light.

Marilyn Michetti
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Tell everybody you saw this on Oprah !:secret:
Seriously, if you've got a job, and shoes on your feet, you're O.K. :thumbsup:

I'll bet you look fine.:D

magicofdisney
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
You'll probably be forced to eat at the "other" table during lunch. Sorry, but that's the rule.

DizNee143
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
I can always just wear my red and black Georgia Bulldog slipper socks that I keep in my desk drawer.
The day is almost over and I don't think that anyone has noticed anyway. Working at a trucking company you see a lot of fashion mistakes. What not to wear could make a whole season in this place. There is a guy in the breakroom right now with Dale Earnhardt #3 pants on. I think I might just go out and sit next to him.:D

lol i so know what you mean..i also work for a trucking company..and wow some of these people wear amaze me with what they wear..

disneydeb
10-26-2007, 06:44 AM

Been there, done that!:blush:

alphamommy
10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
When I was working, our department had a student intern one year who was really, really smart. On the day of his presentation at the end of his time with us, he looked very nice...until you looked down. He was wearing two different shoes! Not different colors of the same style shoe - he had on a black wing tip and a brown loafer! He was so embarrassed:blush:, but we had a great laugh over it.:funny: