PDA

View Full Version : Room key question

LauraSAnne
10-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I was wondering, where all do you need to show your room key? I can't for the life of me, recall what types of situations that CM's will need to see your room key...

thanks!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-23-2007, 10:40 AM
The only thing that comes to mind for me is when you are paying for anything on the room account. EMH, if your park tickets are on there you'd use it to get into the parks, and the DDP.

Oh, and if you are staying at Beach Club and....I think it's AKL you'll need to show it to get into the pools because they are the ones that don't allow pool hoppers. There might be one more that I can't remember.

LauraSAnne
10-23-2007, 11:11 AM
If your tickets are separate from your room, do you still need to show the room key for EMH?

ibelieveindisneymagic
10-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Yes, if you have separate tickets and room key, you will have to show your room key to prove that you are a resort guest.

Flower
10-23-2007, 11:43 AM
You can also allow charging privileges to be placed on your room key so you do not have to carry cash or extra credit cards.

You can either leave a credit card number when you check in, or give them cash - if you leave cash you have to 'check-out' in order to get any remainder back that you do not spend.

It is very convenient!

And yes, you have to show your room key to participate in EMH - they actually scan them now before giving you a wrist band to participate.

TheRustyScupper
10-23-2007, 12:00 PM
Let's see
1) To charge a purchase to your resort room.
2) To gain entry into an EMH event.
3) To answer questions about your bill.
4) To pay for food, if on DDP.
5) To check for remaining DDP coupons.
6) To retrieve your child from child care.

7) To see your name, just because they like you.

brownie
10-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Let's see
1) To charge a purchase to your resort room.
2) To gain entry into an EMH event.
3) To answer questions about your bill.
4) To pay for food, if on DDP.
5) To check for remaining DDP coupons.
6) To retrieve your child from child care.

7) To see your name, just because they like you.

Don't forget, you need it to get into your room, too:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
10-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I think someone already mentioned that you may have to show it at the pool. There's also the health club if your resort has one on site. Whenever we go to Disney, I always bring lanyards with the plastic pouches. It makes it some much easier to keep track of the room keys, especially if you do have your tickets coded in or use them for charging.

garymacd
10-24-2007, 12:20 PM
You will need to show the card if you are challenged by any transportation CM. Disney buses and transports to the resorts are supposed to be used only by Disney guests.

KODABEAR
10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
We keep it on us whenever we go anywhere. We are not big planner's and frequently change direction's. Ex : going to EPCOT and end up at mini-golf, go to a park and decide to hop to another on EMH.

TammiMcMan
10-24-2007, 01:08 PM
You will need to show the card if you are challenged by any transportation CM. Disney buses and transports to the resorts are supposed to be used only by Disney guests.I really don't think that's the case any longer. I remember having to show resort ID back in the 80's. When more parks were added, your park hopper ticket allowed you access to Disney transportation and now I think they encourage anyone to come to the resorts, visit, have a character meal, etc.

When was the last time anyone was challenged by a resort bus driver to show ID?