PDA

View Full Version : AP / age question...

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 10:00 AM
:mickey: I'm never sure whether to post an AP question here or in the Planning thread, but here it is --

We'd like to buy an AP for next year, but we'd like to most likely buy it before prices go up, which would probably be December. We know it won't activate until we use it, but what if our DD turns 10 before we activate it? We may or may not go in the spring, and she'd be 9... but we know we're going in the fall/winter, and by that time, she'll be 10. Will they check, or will we be okay for the year?

(and if there is some kind of restriction, will we just have to pay the difference b/w a Child AP and and Adult, or would we have to get a whole new one???)

Thanks!

MNNHFLTX
10-23-2007, 12:25 PM
I know that if a child's annual pass has been activated and they turn 10 during the course of the year, the annual pass will still be honored for that year. But I doubt the same would be true if the pass hasn't been activated yet. Otherwise a lot of people could buy vouchers for their kids a couple of years (or more) in advance and by the time their kids use them they would be well beyond the age limit.

One thing I'm pretty sure about is that you would be able to upgrade the child's annual pass to an adult pass by just paying the difference in price at the time you activate it.

Hopefully someone else will come along and be able to confirm or deny my statements. :mickey:

McGoofy
10-23-2007, 01:02 PM
I had a similar question last week except that my DS' pass would already be activated before he turns 10. Some of the people who responded to my post mentioned about passes not activated. Here's the link (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118120)to my post from last week.

Hope that helps a little!:mickey: