PDA

View Full Version : CSR tips?

Scar
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
My wife and I will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time. Can anyone supply any tips?

Specifically, …

Our last trip we stayed at POP Century and the bus service was horrible. I mean, I’m an easy to please type of guy, but this was unacceptable. We will have a car this time so can anyone give me advice on whether or not we should drive to all the parks, just some, or is the bus service there that much better than POP that it will be alright?

Again, other tips welcome too.

faline
10-23-2007, 09:58 AM
We've stayed at Coronado Springs several times and have really enjoyed this resort. We found the bus service to be acceptable to us. However, you should be aware that there are several stops within the Coronado Springs resort so often times you will need to ride around the resort to several stops either before you head off to a park or before you reach your stop within Coronado Springs to disembark.

Taja
10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I've had good bus service at both POP and CSR. That said, if you're catching a bus a park opening or closing, there will be lines for most of the resorts!

As the previous poster noted, the major disadvantage at CSR is the bus loop. I think there are five stops total, and your location determines the number of stops after boarding at CSR or returning to the resort.

If time is of the essence in your vacation plans, you may want to drive, since you will have a vehicle available. If you're willing to be patient, the buses work well. :thumbsup:

Gator
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
I stayed at CSR last Dec and bus travel was excellent. It's very close to AK,DS, and Epcot, so those trips were short and there was never a shortage of those buses. The trip to MK was long and it seemed there were less buses to get us there. But nothing bad. Longest wait was 10 minutes. To me, no wait time would force me to drive. That counts as work, and I don't work on my WDW vacation.:) BTW, ask for a Rancho room. It is the best themed area by far, the bus stops aren't very full, and it's very quiet.

BronxTigger
10-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I stayed at CSR about 2 weeks ago. I didn't use the bus service because I had a rental car and I only went to the parks one day.

I did drive to the MK and I found it a little irritating because the parking lot at MK is actually at the TTC. So, I drove to MK, took the tram, then took the ferry. I think if I was to do it again I would take the bus to the MK just for the convenience.

The best use of the car was for hopping from resort to resort.

As for other tips, some of my best photos of the resort are from the early morning when the sun was low on the horizon...the colors at that time are amazing.

KarenP
10-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I was at CSR 2 weeks ago and the bus service was great!

You are gonna love it there. It is a beautiful resort. Hope you have a great stay!

Hammer
10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Scar, you are in luck; this is my favorite moderate! When we stay moderate, we stay here. My sister and I always rent a car no matter where we stay, as some places we find it is better to use a car. I find using a car for Downtown Disney is the best option as those buses are really slow. We also like to use the car for Animal Kingdom and MGM. We use the bus for Epcot and MK as the parking lot is not convenient, especially the Magic Kingdom. Always used the car if we were dining at another resort.

Regarding the buses, there are 4 stops total. Usually the bus loop is Bus Stop 2,3,4,1. We usually stay in Cabanas 8A or 8B and they are right by bus stop 4. We always got seats, even though we were the 3rd stop. We usually only waited at most 20 minutes and that was when the bus we wanted was pulling away as we were walking up (don't you hate when that happens?).

Though you did not ask, I'll give you a couple more tips ;). I recommend people try the Pepper Market. Some people are put off by the 10% gratuity, but I see it as a trade off for having real plates, silverware and a cloth napkin as opposed to paper, plastic and Styrofoam like other food courts. The menu selection is great and is a great value. If you have the dining plan, it is an even better deal, though some things do not count as a dessert option, like the pastries in the refrigerated case (the other pastries can be a dessert option, like huge cookies and brownies).

Enjoy the main pool. If you get the buildings I suggested you are 1 minute from the main pool (and a 3-5 minute slow walk to the main building). The hot tub is huge and pool bar makes good drinks.

ch077833
10-25-2007, 11:46 PM
I second Christine's post about CSR. I am totally impatient when it comes to bus service and I am hardly annoyed at CSR ;-) Definitely, take the buses to MK and Epcot. Enjoy and spend some time at the great pool!

Cheryl

Scar
11-05-2007, 02:25 PM
Though you did not ask, I'll give you a couple more tips ;).
Thanks. Actually, I did. ;)

Again, other tips welcome too.

Unfortunately, we left Thursday (10/25) afternoon so I only read the first two posts. But I am here to say that the bus service was… Spectacular! It was by far, repeat, BY FAR, the best bus service we have had in 6 trips. Only had to stand once (after Wishes.) Only waited more than 15 minutes once. Did not once ride a bus with an ECV or Wheelchair (I thought that was odd.) One time, while leaving MK around 2:00 in the afternoon (usually a really long wait time); we saw the bus leaving our station when we were just passing the ferry boat dock. I was really bummed because I thought we’d be waiting a ½ hour for the next one. Well, by the time we walked to our spot, another one had pulled up. I thought, “Well, he’ll probably sit here for 20 minutes until a few more passengers show up. Nope, two minutes later we were on our way, just my wife and me.

Hammer
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I am so glad you and your wife enjoyed Coronado Springs! My sister (she's ch077833) will be glad to hear it, too, when she gets back from Argentina. Did you try the Pepper Market and the main pool? Which building were you assigned? Give us details, man ;) !

That is odd that you did not encounter any ECVs/wheelchairs on CSR buses, though thinking about it, I think I have only had a couple of ECV/wheelchair loading experiences in all of our times at CSR and it was handled quite efficently. As my Mom uses a wheelchair for places where there is a lot of distance, I appreciate when the drivers handle it quickly and effecively so not as much attention is drawn to the disabled person (they do not like it either).

Scar
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Did you try the Pepper Market and the main pool? Which building were you assigned? Give us details, man ;) !OK, OK. I just got back last night so I'm real busy today at work and I'll have 100 loads of laundry etc, etc tonight so I'll try to do a review in the next day or two.

Hammer
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Absolutely understand! Must keep the job happy to fund future trips! I shall be patient. I just love for people to post reviews on Coronado Springs as I don't think it gets as much attention as the other moderates. People get tired of hearing me talk about it :D .

kathiep
11-06-2007, 01:10 PM
I agree! There are far too few posts about how great CSR really is.

We were there in Sept. - stayed in Ranchos 6B. Extremely quiet.

The food selection at the Pepper Market by far, is the best out of all of the moderates. And I love not having to pay while attempting to juggle my tray and handle my kids. So much less stress.

The main pool area and playground are fantastic! And I have to recommend a walk around the lake at night. It is really beautiful.

We didn't use the busses since we had a car, but I never noticed more than a few people at any of the stops.

If I ever get tired of trying somewhere new (or end up having tried every resort) I will definately end up here again.