PDA

View Full Version : Ohana for Birthday Celebration?

BeccaO
10-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Has anybody ever gone to Ohana for a Birthday? My father is celebrating his 70th Birthday while we are in Disney and we wanted to do something extra special. We have too many people for the boat cruises from the GF, and I was wondering if Ohana would do anything special for people with BIrthdays? Any other suggestions would be appreciated too! Thank-you!!!

JPL
10-23-2007, 09:34 AM
You can call ahead and order a cake they will present at the end of the meal.

Dreamin' of Disney
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM
We just returned from WDW, and had done O'hana's for Dinner on Sept 30th to Celebrate 2 birthdays (my dads and uncles) and 2 Anniversaries. We didn't have a cake brought out or anything, but they did a great job of giving attention to our whole table (of 10 ppl). My dad and my uncle both got lei's (plus they ended up passing them out to the whole table) and lots of attention! If your dad is overly shy, be prepared, b/c it will be a big 'to-do!'

It was a great time and we have lots of great photos from that night! More memories to last a lifetime! Enjoy!

wdwfansince75
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
O'hana's is a good choice....you may want to consider a Grand Gathering....would allow you to celebrate the event with each other, rather than with hundreds of strangers....not that there's anything wrong with that!

The International dinner and IllumiNations dessert reception or the Safari Celebration dinner, while more expensive than O'hana's, could be a once in a lifetime event for your dad, and the whole family. Note that both require admission to the park....EPCOT or AK. Uless you have park hoppers, this requires all of you to plan your day around the event.

There is also a magical fireworks voyage...but I think only snacks and dessert are included.