PDA

View Full Version : Warning for scooter rentals!!!!

tarjaybuff
10-23-2007, 02:02 AM
On our past trip we rented a scooter from AA Scooter Rentals, and these are the issues that occured.:(

1. Scooter broke down- they quickly replaced the scooter at the hotel, but then sent a second driver to pick up the replacement. They claimed the hotel lost the scooter, and we spent 1/2 the day fixing the problem. They admitted to picking up both scooters. We paid an extra $35 to rent a scooter at the park. AA Scooters refuses to acknowldege the issue.

2. They offered to price match a competitor and beat by 10%. I accepted, and asked for the scooter to be delivered in the AM rather than the night before we arrive like the other company. When I changed my mind to the night before they charged us for an additional day ($45 ). The new price was now more than the competitor.

We were very unhappy with AA Scooter!:(

Melanie
10-23-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. How frustrating! :(

Next time, may I suggest you try Buena Vista Scooters (http://www.buenavistascooters.com/). They are a INTERCOT sponsor, and our sponsors are truly top notch! :thumbsup:

faline
10-23-2007, 05:42 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience.

Marilyn Michetti
10-23-2007, 01:45 PM
That's why I bring my own. DH packs a couple of tools, and can fix it in minutes.

The first time, mine broke down in Epcot. DH asked if we could 'stash" it in the rental bldg until our day was over - then we'd deal with it. Disney gave us a WC free, and fixed my scooter while we were playing. No big deal, they said, AND NO CHARGE!!:)

tarjaybuff
10-24-2007, 11:08 PM
:mickey:I will use a sponsor for our next trip. That story about Disney taking care of your scooter just proves that "Disney is the Magical World".

Happy fall to all!

magicman
10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Doesn't Disney rent electric scooters at the parks?

Of course it would depend on your needs, but I would think the convenience & accessibility for a replacement (if needed) would be a nice convenience.