PDA

View Full Version : Is Palo worth being away from kids???

AbeeNormal
10-23-2007, 02:02 AM
My boys are 6 & 7:mickey: and I am concerned about what they will be doing while we are at this dinner.

It sounds nice and I know about the kids club but still, how do they get the boys to eat with everthing going on around them. :goof::goof:

We don't leave them often other than at school and I want them to be just as happy as we are. :mickey3::mickey3:

Any thoughts would be great....& thanks :)

RobWreck
10-23-2007, 07:22 AM
The kids club looks like a fun place to play as a kid, especially the pirate ship, so chances are they'll have fun (Disney does tend to be pretty good at making sure people have fun).
As for Palo's, it is DEFINITELY worth it. Take the two hours for dinner, enjoy yourself... :D
Rob

stitchcousin
10-23-2007, 02:13 PM
YES!! YES!! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!:party:
I too had qualms about leaving my two DS alone, however, I made 7 pm reservations for Palo. Then I made sure that I fed my sons whatever they wanted around 5-6 pm on deck. They have pizza, hamburgers, etc at the decks for the people that don't like to eat at their rotation. Then, we got dressed for Palo and left the boys at the oceaneers club while we ate. We had a great (peaceful) time at Palo, and the kids had a great time too. The food is the best at Palo. Definitely a must do if you can get reservations!!! Don't worry about the kids!!! I know that the clubs make sure that all the kids eat dinner/lunch if they are in the clubs.

TammiMcMan
10-23-2007, 05:00 PM
It sounds nice and I know about the kids club but still, how do they get the boys to eat with everthing going on around them. :goof::goof:They physically take them out of the club to feed them. Usually they'll go right up to the Topsiders, sometimes they'll have dinner setup in the family club though.

We don't leave them often other than at school and I want them to be just as happy as we are. :mickey3::mickey3:Don't be surprised when you're the ones who have to schedule your day around your son's activities. My daughter loved the lab and a few nights decided she'd rather eat with her friends instead of us. We'd also have to be sure to have her back for things like Flubber making :D.

AbeeNormal
10-24-2007, 12:19 AM
A Big Thanks to you all.......:wine:

I really appreciate your suggestions. :high5:

I just this very second booked Palo for the 5 adults in our Party for the 2nd night at 6PM. :tasty:

Again ..... thanks for the courage :whisper:

Tavel
10-25-2007, 02:21 PM
You made the right decision! :thumbsup: We also fed our boys beforehand, then brought them to the Club for playtime. They had a ball, and we really enjoyed our meal. You'll never get a better babysitter again! Have fun!

mdearmas
10-25-2007, 04:31 PM
According to my wife the chocolate soufle alone is worth going to palo's. I think the food is excellent! I look forward to going back on our anniversary cruise next august!

:goofy:

crazypoohbear
10-25-2007, 05:39 PM
It's definately worth it!
I didn't even think about the kids:secret::blush:
We left them with my sister while
DH, myself and my other sister and her DH went to dinner. The boys didn't miss us and we didnt' miss them!

adoptionislove
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I just hope we can get reservations! Since we are 1st time cruisers we cant get them untill 75 days prior to the cruise!

Maybe next time we can book a cat 1 stateroom and get them sooner!!!!

Michelle

TammiMcMan
10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Michelle, as long as you are flexible with your dining schedule, you won't miss out on Palo. They only allow guests to reserve one spot and that pretty much guarantees that any adult who wants to eat here, can. If the online slots are filled by the time your booking window opens, simply stop by the reservation desk when you board the cruise. It's usually located in one of the adult lounges.

adoptionislove
10-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks Tammi!

That is a great idea!!!

Michelle

AbeeNormal
10-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I just hope we can get reservations! Since we are 1st time cruisers we cant get them untill 75 days prior to the cruise!

Maybe next time we can book a cat 1 stateroom and get them sooner!!!!

Michelle

Hey there Michelle,

we are also 1st time cruisers and I was amazed at how many choices there were when we booked - I hope it's exactly the same for you and I don't see why it wouldn't be. :cloud9:

Have a great time :tink:

offero
10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
Palo is defiantly worth it. Just make sure you don't skip the animators pallet. When we went on our cruise some people were canceling their Palo night so they can see the animators pallet. So if you cannot get reservations try again when you get on the ship.

brdavis
11-18-2007, 09:26 AM
A story: On our 1st cruise, the DW scheduled Palo for the only time we could get it - the last night of the cruise, w/o the DK's. After 6 days, we were having 2nd thoughts - we had had such a great time with our servers & DK, that being apart from this on the final night really wasn't looking so great... even for Palo's. What to do?

We expressed this to our servers, & it turned out our head waiter was married to the head chef at Palo's! She maintained that the food was similar (as did other cast members), *except* the deserts, which she said were better. After some debate, we elected to stay with a normal rotation - we were simply having too much fun with DK's & servers to miss the last night.

On the last night, not only did we have a wonderful time, but our head server personally went up to Palo's and brought us back three deserts, *each*, from Palo's! And yes, they were absolutely wonderful.

Moral: *wherever* you eat on a DCL, you will have a wonderful experience... or at least we have.

--
Brian Davis

TammiMcMan
11-18-2007, 09:58 AM
We expressed this to our servers, & it turned out our head waiter was married to the head chef at Palo's! She maintained that the food was similar (as did other cast members), *except* the deserts, which she said were better. After some debate, we elected to stay with a normal rotation - we were simply having too much fun with DK's & servers to miss the last night.I'm glad you had a great time with your servers, but having eaten in all the restaurants on both ships, Palo is definitely not "similar" with their food. I give DCL an A+ on all their food service, but Palo was off the chart.

brdavis
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the tip - we might try it on the next trip (5 Apr '08 - yes!). I guess my point wasn't that the food wasn't better (I've not eaten there, so I've honestly nothing to compare), but just that I suspect regardless of which way you choose, you're likely to be rather pleased with the outcome. I had to be "talked into" our first DCL adventure by my DW... but not the 2nd :) !

--
Brian Davis