PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Monorail........?

AbeeNormal
10-23-2007, 01:44 AM
Please help me to understand the monorails here.....:mickey:
From what I can tell you take one to MK and another to EPCOT. :confused:
We are staying at this resort and this whole monorail thing has me baffled. :huh:

Thanks for the help ... :thumbsup:

pennsy22
10-23-2007, 02:34 AM
The only monorail that stops at the Poly is the Resort Line. It goes from Ticket & Transportation to Poly, Grand Floridian, MK, Contemporary and then back to T&T. If you want to go to Epcot you have to change monorails at T&T. There is also the Express Loop that goes from T&T to the MK but even though it goes by all of the above mentioned resorts it doesn't stop.

ccp1
10-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Allow me to add to the explanation of the WDW monorail system. There are 3 different monorail lines, but only 2 of them run right next to each other (these are called the MK monorails because, well, they both go to the MK lol).

For my explanation, I'll assume that this is trip #1 for you, excuse my basic explanation if it isn't.

So, picture a giant circle (that's you looking at the MK resort area from overhead). The MK is at 12:00, the Contemporary is at 3:00, the TTC (Transportation and Ticket Center) is at 5:00, the Poly is at 6:00, and the Grand Floridian is at 9:00. (more or less)

The Resort Monorail goes CLOCKWISE around this line, stopping at every hotel, the TTC, and the MK.

The Express Monorail goes COUNTERCLOCKWISE around the same circle, but only makes stops at the MK and the TTC (bypassing the resorts).

BTW- An interesting tip, depending on what building at the Poly you are staying, it may actually be faster to walk to the TTC and take the monorail from there. You'll be able to tell when you get your room.

The 3rd monorail line is the separate EPCOT line which goes from the TTC to EPCOT and back (in this case, you should definitely walk to the TTC to catch that line).

Hope that helped. The Poly is my favorite resort, have a great time!

illini
10-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Poly doesn't technically have two monorails, but many people-- myself included-- consider it to have two monorail stops because it's an easy walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. Faster than taking the monorail from Poly all the way around to TTC and grabbing the Epcot monorail from there.

AbeeNormal
10-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks you guys for the great info.....:mickey: and actually that whole clock thing really helped I thingk I get it now.

Yes first trip thanks so much:D

Your the best....:high5:

mttafire
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Even the express monorail goes THROUGH the Contemporary..It doesnt stop though.