PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Decor

goingbacktodisney
10-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Does anyone know when they start putting out the Christmas decor and when the Holiday storytellers begin? We will be there the week of Thanksgiving...will we be in luck?

WDWFREAK101
10-22-2007, 08:59 PM
I would think so. At the end of the day, i always wait untill Main Street isn't crowded anymore and i go eat ice cream. My last trip i ran into a CM that saw me eating Ice Cream. He told me that the decor would be up around the week or so before Thanksgiving so i guess you would be able to see it.

wendy*darling
10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Decorations start going up in mid-November, with everything in place by Thanksgiving.
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party in the MK (a hard ticketed event) starts the 12th of Nov.
The Candelight Processional in Epcot starts Nov 23 (the day after Thanksgiving), as do the Storytellers.
Osborne Lights at MGM officially light up right around that time as well. And new this year will be Cinderella's Castle all lit up for the Holidays.

Have fun! :santa:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
10-23-2007, 03:28 AM
They are already decorating the trees. Costumes are lined up in the halls in locked cases.

Halloween is coming down the 2nd-3rd (overnight) and I was told that was when they would start putting up holiday decorations. They would only have 9 days to get everything in place for the party and they will be having run-throughs and everything before then.

Imagineer1981
10-23-2007, 10:36 AM
They used to do it Thanksgiving night...the whole park would be transformed that night by a huge crew, and the next morning..BOOM...Christmas decorations where everywhere. But do to the size of the property now, its just too difficult and now it slowly transitions after Halloween.

Main Street Jim
10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Two years ago at MK, they started 11/1 at midnight, right after the Halloween parties. So if there was a MNSSHP scheduled for like 11/1- say, 5, you'd see the Christmas decorations...

I worked a Halloween party last year, on Halloween, and was handing out candy at the turnstiles. When midnight rolled around, all of us CMs yelled, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" and the guests looked at us like we were crazy....LOL...sure enough, come into work next morning and the Christmas decorations were up....

Catwillow
11-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Yep, can vouch that on Nov 1 there were Christmas decorations going up all over the parks....MGM's tree is up, Epcots tree is up....of course not everything is complete...but it's started. Window decorations going on. Amazing!

"SULLEY "RULES!!
11-05-2007, 11:28 PM
:deer:Leaving for Disney on the 7th thru 17th. Can't wait to see the decorations.

JasonH
11-06-2007, 01:25 AM
I'll be at WDW now an extra day than what was planned(thank God we were able to get another night added on at the beginning of our stay). I'll get to enjoy the Christmas deco even longer!! :thumbsup: So now instead of arriving at Pop Century on the 24th, the DFam and I will be arriving on the 23rd and departing on Dec. 1st. But now looking at what times the parks are open till, I'm going to have to discuss with the DFam about which park to do on the 24th...MK b/c they'll be open until midnight instead of on the 26th as planned with the EMH and open until 11pm, or Epcot b/c we are now going to make it two days visiting at Epcot but could also go on the 26th instead and get the same amount of hours. I would personally tend towards MK on the 24th and Epcot on the 26th b/c of having an extra hour longer with MK but it would be my only day at MK and getting it done early rather than later just kinda sux....guess I'm going to have to start a poll thread now. :laughing::laughing:

thefunkypurplegirl
11-06-2007, 07:34 AM
i went this last wknd and mgm already had many of their lites and trees up...

mk right now tho still has its harvest theme :turkey:

mickey&missy
11-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Two years ago at MK, they started 11/1 at midnight, right after the Halloween parties. So if there was a MNSSHP scheduled for like 11/1- say, 5, you'd see the Christmas decorations...

I worked a Halloween party last year, on Halloween, and was handing out candy at the turnstiles. When midnight rolled around, all of us CMs yelled, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" and the guests looked at us like we were crazy....LOL...sure enough, come into work next morning and the Christmas decorations were up....

:thumbsup: We were in WDW the week of Halloween last year. We went to MNSSHP on Halloween. When we went back to MK the next day DH said "Ummm, is that chirstmas music playing?!" Sure, enough it was! When we looked around there were a small amount of decorations! More went up as the week went on. We joked we got 2 holidays for the price of 1!!

I'm sure all the decorations will be up for trip!!

Have a :pixie: magical trip!!

LDinCT
11-06-2007, 08:52 AM
thinking of going 1/2-1/6 will they still be up? How about Osborne lights and all the rest?:mickey: