PDA

View Full Version : is EPCOT worth it??

ILOVEDISNEY07
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
:confused: heyy everyone,

i havent been to Epcot since i was young and now im much older...I remmeber it being boring...,maybe bc i was young. Can you guys help me out and give me some info on epcot..what fun things are there...dining...and other things!!

Thanks!!

RobWreck
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
First off, EPCOT is the dinner park. Not all, but many of the best restaurants in WDW are in EPCOT, so for that reason alone, you want to hit it.
As for attractions, there's alot more that appeals to older guests than little kids... but then again, there's a couple thrill rides there as well. For dark ride types, you'll want to see Spaceship Earth, Finding Nemo (at the Living Seas) and probably Journey into Imagination with Figment. For the thrill rides, check out Test Track and Mission Space.
Oops... gotta run. SOmebody else can fill you in on the countries...
Rob

Goofeygal
10-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Epcot is my favorite park. We love World Showcase. It is a wonderful place to eat dinner.:mickey:

PlutoLover
10-22-2007, 08:34 PM
For me EPCOT is a MUST DO!!

Like you as a child I wasn't that thrilled with EPCOT but as an adult (31 for 1 more day :() I make sure 1 and a half to 2 days is booked for EPCOT. I always feel like I never see it all because there is so much there and not enough time in WDW. I have never had a bad meal in EPCOT but some of my faves and highly recommended that I read are Coral Reef, Biergarten, Le Cellier & Garden Grill. I'm going in December and trying the new one in Japan (Teppan Edo). I've never done any of the shows so I am looking forward to them this time. There is so much that goes on in World Showcase that it's hard to catch it all. If you are interested in what it's like in other cultures then there is a lot to learn there. As for Future World, this is more of the exciting side. There are some great rides there (Soarin' & Test Track) that I wouldn't want to miss.

I hope this helps and have fun planning :)

CAS
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Best park of the bunch. Simply put, if I have to choose one park over all others it's Epcot :number1:

If you were young (depending on how old you are now) then it might've seemed a bit boring (I was kind of a nerd so it was still my favorite then, too :thumbsup:). You'll love it now.:cloud9:

Dining is the best of all the parks; my not to be missed list is San Angel Inn in Mexico, Le Celier in Canada, Teppenyaki in Japan, the list goes on! Don't miss the pastries in France.

Attractions, my favorites for Future World are Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin and Spaceship Earth. My fav's in World Showcase are the American Adventure and IllumiNations at night (the best show in all of WDW in my opinion).

You can't miss it!

Donald A
10-22-2007, 08:49 PM
EPCOT gets better as you get older. They have also really changed some things over the past 10 years. The dining venues there are some of the better choices in the entire resort. Check out EPCOT, I bet you will love it.

Some fun attractions at EPCOT just to name a few:
1) Spaceship Earth
2) Mission Space
3) Test Track
4) Soarin' (never did it but will next trip)
5) Living Seas with Nemo
6) Malestrom
7) Journey into your imagination with Figment
8) The list goes on and on

kbean
10-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Sure is worth it. You'll find something to do or enjoy. I'll say I like World Show, butI don't care for much of the films. But the different shops and displays of each country is fun alone.

disneymom2000
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
OK - let's start with Future World. There are a lot of hands on competitive games in Innovations East & West. You can learn about hydroponics at Living with the Land, check out the sealife in the Living Seas. You can ride Soarin' which is a sensory flight, Test Track - hide speed car ride and feel like an astronaut on Mission Space. You can experience the life of communication in Spaceship Earth. Find out where we get energy with Ellen Degeneras. I sent a pretty cool email from journey into the Imagination.
The countries are pretty interesting. The cast members are actually from whichever country they work in. The most exciting ride is in Norway, but you will also want to ride the River of Time in Mexico. In France, they have a show called the Impressions of France and it is very relaxing to watch. Trying to choose where to eat in Epcot is a challenge into itself. The food is authentic in each country.
Don't try to do it all in one day. Relax and enjoy.

wickedwitch
10-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Epcot is my favorite park and it also has great shopping.Between the dining and the shopping what more could you want?lol
Have a great trip!!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Epcot is our family's favorite park. Give it another chance, I think you will really enjoy it.

caryrae
10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I can not imagine going to WDW and not going to MK & Epcot they are my favorite parks. I just love the rides in future world and the slower pace of World Showcase and visiting each country. Very Fun!!!

GrmGrninGost
10-23-2007, 09:55 AM
EPCOT is no a thrill a minute park like some. But, it is a wonderful place! It has some of the best rides at WDW! Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space and Spaceship Earth are awesome! Most of the other rides are really good also! And, if there is a patriotic bone in your body, the American Adventure show has to be on everyone's top ten list! As far as dining, no park has the selection or quality of EPCOT! LeCellier, Rose & Crown, Coral Reef and The Garden Grill are just a few of the fabulous restaurants that are available there! We always spend at least two days at EPCOT! We need one day for Future World and one for World Showcase! EPCOT is second only to MK in my opinion!

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 10:25 AM
:mickey: Okay, I can't add too much to what everyone else has said, except to say that I, too, wasn't all that thrilled w/ Epcot when I was younger. But now, I love it, and never seem to get enough time there!! Plus, they've added so much with the rides and restaurants.... you're sure to want at least a full day there, and go on an empty stomach!! Have fun!! :thumbsup:

JoRy
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
In my opinion, EPCOT is wonderful for any age, if you know what you ar doing. What I mean by that is if you are going to EPCOT for mindless rides, then you are going to be disappointed because you actually get to use your brain at EPCOT.

In World Showcase, for example, our kids always get a passport and take them to each country and have a CM stamp it for them. The CM talk to them in their native tongues, write the child's name in their language, and the kids learn a little about the culture of the country. Besides that, kids are obviously fascinated with the Disney movies, and here they can visit the Genie and Jasmine in Morocco, Belle and the Beast in France, Mary Poppins in England, Snow White in Germany, Mulan in China...just to name a few. They realize the places they have been watching on the movies for so long actually exist, and they want to learn more about them.

Many people have talked about Future World, so I will not elborate except to say not to skip Innoventions. There are so many cool things to experience, play with, and explore...very useful things like safety for children and environmental issues, where the kids love what they are playing with and are actually learning something at the same time.

I know people want to go on vacation and just chill out, but the memories people remember most are the ones where they pushed themselves a little further then they thought they could go, and it is in EPCOT where these memories are most available.

foolishmortal83
10-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I have been going to WDW for as long as I can remember. And I've loved EPCOT since I was little! The restaurants, shopping, landscaping, CERTAIN rides, etc..
I think the rides are getting better as well!
Loves me sum EPCOT! hehe :number1:

DizNee143
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
i felt the same way...epcot is such a snore when your young..but now that im 24..ive come to enjoy this park more and more...
but then again..everyones tastes are different..and for all we know you may still end up not really liking the place..but i would definetly go back now and give it a try!!:mickey:

ILOVEDISNEY07
10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
:number1: I think im convienced!! Now i cant wait for EPCOT!...im very excited, thank you everyone!!

AwPhooey
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
There's no way I could visit WDW without a trip to Epcot! :mickey:

DawsonAR
10-23-2007, 11:32 AM
We love EPCOT. It is a must do for us. If it is just adults on the trip, we spend more time there than any other park. :mickey:

LovinWDW
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
My first trip to WDW was when I was 5 years old, I am now 35 have been back several times. I just said to my wife a few days ago that the older I get the more I enjoy EPCOT. It is now my 2nd favorite park. MK being #1. We went to the F&W festival last year and are heading back this year. I can't wait. I think EPCOT is like wine, it gets better with age.

2 more days!:thumbsup:

mttafire
10-23-2007, 03:03 PM
:jaw: HUH? Worth it? Ah, YES! Nuff said.:mickey::thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
We love Epcot! We always spend 2 days there and 2 days at MK, if time allows. I never visited Epcot as a small child, however we have been taken our DD since she was 4. Now that she is a whole 11 yr old, she loves it! She really appreciates the culture in the countries and loves to try new and different foods. She loves Future world too since there are 3 of her favorite rides there. Don't miss Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin'. I really love Turtle Talk with Crush too, it is just too cute. I think as an adult you will really appreciate this park! Don't miss it or you will never be able to share your views!

pook@wdw
10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
As our DD gets older, Epcot is fast becoming our fave park. In FW, Soarin, Mission Space, and TT more than cover the need-for thrill. And after sending a few d-mails to the folks back home, we move on to WS. How lovely it is just to take a leisurely stroll around WS lagoon, take in the multi-cultural sights & music, and eat and drink our way "around the World". And how about a most Fab light/fireworks show to end a magical day!:cloud9: What's not to love!:thumbsup:

Gator
10-23-2007, 08:25 PM
The real question is, "Is WDW worth it without going to Epcot?"

pennsy22
10-24-2007, 05:27 AM
It is my DD's(11) and DS's(6) favorite park and it has been for a few years. My DD loves to eat at Germany and Polka. She was very upset last Friday when our ADR was for 8:30 and the band was just finishing their last show when we sat down.:( Test Track, Mission Space, and Soarin' are awesome :number1:. Even Norway, Mailstrom, and Mexico's, "it's a small Mexico" ;), boat rides are a lot of fun. I just wish they would have went through with the plans for a boat ride in Germany. I can't say much for the movies in China and Canada, the Circlevision movies make me sick. The show at the United States pavilion, I think it's called Golden Dreams, is great. :thumbsup: Maybe some of this had already been talked about though.

disneydeb
10-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Definitely! Wouldn't make a trip to Florida without going to Epcot!

micahlei
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
when we went in Xmas last year Epcot was DEFINETLY the best park we went to
U just cant miss out on Test Track and Soarin'
They are AWESOME!
and if u have little ones take them to Figment and get one of those world showcase passports so they dont get bored round there
At each country you go to they can stamp your passport and there's also fun actitivites for the lil ones there as well so trust me - its worth going

RedSoxandPatsfan
10-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Epcot is definetly a must do. Between rides and World Showcase there is something special for everyone in your group.:thumbsup:

Everyone in our group from Grandparents thru Grandchildren love this park. Hope you go and have a great time!!

brownie
10-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Epcot is our favorite park. We really like Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Living with the Land, Soarin' (although we've only been on the California Adventure version), Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and Maelstrom. There's lots of entertainment from the Jammitors in Future World to Mo'rockin' and the Japanese drummers in World Showcase. You have lots of dining choices, and Illuminations is a great way to end any day. We also like to just explore World Showcase. I wouldn't worry too much about being bored at Epcot.

darthmacho
10-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Epcot is not only worth it, it is necessary! :mickey:

The reasons? Here are 10, but there are a lot more...
1. Spaceship Earth, a wonderful dark ride that epitomizes WDW.
2. Test Track, a fun ride from beginning to end, and with a few thrills thrown in to.
3. Mexico, a wonderful pavilion that has to be seen to believed. Dining, shopping, a nice dark ride, and mariachi music thrown in!
4. Norway, though not as eye catching as Mexico, has all of the same elements, and it has it's own band as well.
5. The Land, which not only has a great ride and food, but it is now home to the popular Soarin' which I've yet to try.
6. The Living Seas, an underrated attraction, is the largest aquarium (in the world?) In any case, it's awesome to see those animals.
7. Mission Space, though not my favorite ride, is something for thrill seekers.
8. World Showcase dining and shopping, as there are nine other countries, each unique and wonderfully themed, that I haven't listed.
9. Nighttime entertainment, such as parades and fireworks. Illuminations is a favorite among closing ceremonies.
10. It isn't your average, run of the mill, thrill ride park, and though it is more leisurely paced than any of the major FL theme parks, it is one of the best places in which I've ever spent my vacation time!

Mousemates
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Epcot is our second favorite WDW park ...hasn't always been, but as we've gotten a few years under our belts (early 40's), we have enjoyed the international showcase and especially the eateries in that area.

PeterPan
10-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Well, I am kind of the Grinch of the "Is it WORTH it" question. I don't like that phrase. I don't really understand the phrase. WORTH it? Haven't you bought a ticket? It is a park-hopper? If so, YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID FOR ADMISSION INTO EPCOT.

Now, I know that is not what you mean with you say "worth it." SO if by "worth it" you mean "worth my time, worth my effort, worth using one day of my park-hopper" well the answer is COMPLETELY subjective.

Do you like world class entertainment, the kind you can't see in any one place on the face of plant earth? Acrobats from China, storytellers from Japan, mimes from France, musicians from Morocco and Africa and Canada and England? Fabulous food? World-class attractions like Soarin' and Spaceship Earth and Test Track? Do you ever get INSPIRED by a museum display like what you can experience at The American Adventure right now? (one of a kind - seen nowhere else in the world except maybe the Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.?) Do you want to shop at venues with truly unique and FUN items? Do you want to go to a Park where anyone, from babies to Grandpa, can find many, many wonderful, inspiring, FUN things to do?

Do you like food? Do you like to experience cuisine from all over the world? Menus designed by world-class chefs?

If you like any of the above (and of course many, many more things too numerous to mention) then GO TO EPCOT.

If you are into thrill rides, hotdogs and cotton candy, go so Six Flags.

wire0monkey
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
My kids (4 and 2.5) really liked Epcot in September. They liked Figment and the Nemo ride at the seas, especially. They also loved the interactive area (Kodak labs) when you exit Figment. They liked the Mexico boat ride and they love the model trains over by Italy. They love all the street shows.

I think Epcot is worth it for the shows in the World Showcase. I like to get a late start and then just go from show to show in World Showcase. With a little planning and backtracking, it's not too hard.

pdrlkr
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM
EPCOT is one of our favorites! :thumbsup::mickey:

youngOx96
10-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Like many who have posted before me, EPCOT is a MUST. Even if you only go to ride Test Track and Mission Space, it is worth it.

TikiSteph84
10-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I remember going to Epcot as a child and thinking the same thing. Now I'm 23 and its my favorite park! I love all the parks but I think that I enjoy Epcot alot because theres a little more adult content and the theming isnt completely centered around Disney characters or films. The world showcase is alot of fun and there are alot of cool non-disney suveniers. The restaurants are amazing there too... Marrakesh (the morroccan restaurant is alot of fun), and also the San Angel. There are a few good thrill type rides too... Mission Space, Soarin, Test Track... and the ride in the Norway pavilion- Maelstrom.... skip the movie at the end but my friends and I all love this one! ("ye are not the first to come this vay! Nor shall ye be the last!")

EJS-Houston
10-25-2007, 02:45 PM
:confused: heyy everyone,

i havent been to Epcot since i was young and now im much older...I remmeber it being boring...,maybe bc i was young. Can you guys help me out and give me some info on epcot..what fun things are there...dining...and other things!!

Thanks!!

EPCOT is SO worth it! Don't miss Mission: Space, Test Track and Soarin'! I also enjoyed the revamped Universe of Energy hosted by Ellen DeGeneres when I was there 2 years ago...and I greatly enjoy the different nations' pavilions, with the Norwegian Pavilion have a terrific ride in it. And don't miss Illuminations at night!:mickey:

wire0monkey
10-25-2007, 03:29 PM
It's worth at least an afternoon for a nice meal and a ride on Soarin'

Soarin' is really an amazing ride.

iluvdumbo
10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
my mom and i(actually all of my family too) love EPCOT! if u go to EPCOT, u have to ride Test Track! But if u hate rides that go really fast (like my mom whos name on here is Twink93) then take my advice and dont go on it! also u have to see the show The American Adventure (i think thats what its called, or something like that)

Kana :lei:

Tink#64
10-25-2007, 05:37 PM
I have to admit, I hadn't planned on visiting Epcot during our first trip to WDW. DS's were 4 & 6 at the time. Between DH & DS (6) they convinced me to include it in our plans. I had read & heard about it being educational & not having all the rides like MK & I didn't think DS's would get any thing out of it. Boy was I wrong. We always do 2 days of Epcot, 1 for FW & 1 for WS. We love all of the attractions in FW & all of the pavillions in WS! IllumiNations is our very favorite night time event! It's simply spectacular! We aren't adventurous eaters, so that aspect doesn't hold as much appeal for us as it does many others. We really like eating at the Cantina de San Angel, out on the water's edge, in front of the Mexico pavillion. That's our fav! Our favorite attractions are TT, Soarin, JIYI, & SE, all of which we MUST do multiple times! If you give Epcot a chance & don't try to compare it to the other parks, especially MK, you may enjoy it as much as all of us that have responded with a great bug YEAH for Epcot!:number1: