PDA

View Full Version : Christine and Cheryl's dining reviews- 10/13

Hammer
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
My sister Cheryl will try to add her comments to this thread if she has a chance, but she is going to be very busy at work the next few weeks.

Lunch- Sunshine Seasons- 1CS (we split this meal)

As we knew we were going to tea this afternoon, we just wanted to eat a little something to hold us over as we did not have breakfast. We chose the the Two entrées with two sides offered at the Asian counter. we picked Mongolian Beef, General Chicken (I think), Lo Mein and Fried Rice. It was a decent sized serving which satisfied us. We liked the Chicken better than the beef, as we like a spicier Mongolian Beef. Dessert was a Toll House cookie, which is always tasty :tasty: !

Grand Floridian Afternoon Tea-Out of Pocket- not an option on the Dining Plan

There has been many reports on this Tea and I will concur, it was really good. Something I did not mention to the others was we did receive a little bit of attitude from the host and Manager in regards to our group having 2 reservations and its size. When a few people did not show up and we had an empty table, they mentioned to us that the table will be release after 20 minutes past our reservation time. They then proceeded to comment to us that we really should have used Group Dining and not take up actual reservations. We told them we had investigated this option but the limited menu (no a la carte options) did not work for our situation. They didn't have an answer for that remark, but they were a bit snotty. Didn't let it bother my enjoyment of the Tea or my terrific dining companions: Jym (Natazu), Rachel (sagessa), Jenn (Mickey'sgirl) and Cheryl.

My sister and I each ordered the Grand Tea, paying an additional $3 to upgrade the champagne to the Iron Horse Fairy Tale Cuvee. The tea sandwiches were good, as was the onion tart, scone (would have liked more Devonshire cream), and jam tart. For my sweets option, I chose 2 chocolate covered strawberries, which were nice and ripe.

Après Jellyrolls meal- McDonald's

The food was exquisite for 2:00 AM :laughing:

ElenitaB
10-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry you had to take the brunt of the manager's attitude... it's not like the Garden View Room was full or anything... while we were there or after we left :shake: (I know about the "after" because I left my credit card there and had to return). I do hope they got the message about the limited menu offered through Group Dining.

I'm very impressed that you were dining at McD's at 2:00 am and still made it to Boma at the crack of dawn (oh, to be young again ;) ).

Jared
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
I knew the manager was being a little snooty, but I didn't realize she gave you such a hard time. Sorry you had to deal with her, but it sounds like you handled the situation well.

The tea was incredible, and I am thanking you again for arranging it. I'm already looking forward to trying it again.

More reviews, please!

:tasty:

AbeeNormal
10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the fun tea review:mickey:

:thumbsup: for keeping a good attitude - I so dislike snooty people. Someone tell me what the point of that is... I don't get it;)

ch077833
10-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Really I don't have much to add....other than I think we had the sweet and spicy chicken at Sunshine. Also, they were snotty at Garden View but I have seen way worse, no worries!

PS....Mickey D's double cheesburgers are gifts from heaven after a night out!!!!

Cheryl

offwego
10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Sorry about the manager at the tea. But it does sound like you enjoyed it nonetheless.

And the McDee's part was funny. Made my morning!:mickey: