PDA

View Full Version : VMK Machines in Innoventions

Chescat
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
I was at DLR yesterday (yes in the wind, smoke, and runners) with RainyDaisy & family. We went to Innoventions.

The bottom floor is all blocked off now. They are making you walk up the out walkway to the 2nd floor. When you get in there you see the face aging computers. Walk around toward Stitch and the Asimo. Then after that the clear floor. Past that is the new VMK area. Then past that is all XBox 360 game units for everybody to play in various type of things.

The new VMK area has 4 new arcade type machines that are running VMK. Above them are three banners that show the ads for the new card games.

Now the other interesting thing is when we were at WDW MK last week. The area where the old VMK area is gone. But outside they got two displays showing VMK cards. JP said those displays are new and weren't there before.

When I get home tonite, I'll post the link to the pictures in this post.

VMK Innoventions & WDW MK Display (http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/VMK%20Machines/)

varcity
10-23-2007, 02:26 AM
What 360 games? I wish kingdom hearts, but doubt that!

Guess the card game is close to launch. (insert rude: I hate when yavn doesn't speak, comment here)

Chescat
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I updated the first post with the link for the pictures. I saw Lego Star Wars 2 and racing games. Didn't check out the rest yet. You can do that when you are there. :)

Patricia
10-23-2007, 01:16 PM
That is interesting that they moved them into Innoventions. I had heard they were going into the Arcade by Space Mountain.

Were you able to locate the VMK machines in Magic Kingdom? They were also supposed to be moved to the Space Mountain arcade.

JPL
10-23-2007, 02:18 PM
I think Cat is talking about innoventions in DLR not Epcot.

I forgot to look and see if they moved the machines at the MK.

Chescat
10-23-2007, 02:20 PM
That is interesting that they moved them into Innoventions. I had heard they were going into the Arcade by Space Mountain.

Were you able to locate the VMK machines in Magic Kingdom? They were also supposed to be moved to the Space Mountain arcade.
Sorry about the confusion. The WDW cards were in front of where the old VMK area was in WDW MK. The room is gone and sealed up. I don't remember seeing any VMK machines in Tomorrowland arcade.

These new VMK Machines are in DLR in the 2nd floor of Innoventions. The cave and the western area are now gone since the 1st floor is under construction.

JPL
10-23-2007, 02:26 PM
It's not totally your fault we have to blame Eisner and Pressler for their unimaginative vision and use of space in the parks. Should I mention cheap and money hungry or is that just implied ;)

varcity
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I remember seeing pictures of those cards at WDW MK before. I don't think those are overly new..? Of course, I don't frequent the place, so don't take my word for it! :mickey:

Patricia
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I knew that cat was talking about the Disneyland machines.. that is why I asked if you had found them in MK? :confused:

They may not be in place yet having just closed in the MK. Also those machines seldom work properly, but both parks were supposed to move them to the arcade according to rumors.. although I think innoventions is a good place, isn't that usually temporary? The arcade seemed like a permanent solution.

WDWfanatic742
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
They had the case inside for you to look at, but it was the first time I saw them outside the cinema. It certianly wasn't there back in June.

JPL
10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
They had the case inside for you to look at, but it was the first time I saw them outside the cinema.

And the ones in the case were actual VMK cards this is a poster not real cards.

Dracula766
10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
I sure do miss VMK Central. :cry:

this is my reaction to the blank screens
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c303/dracula766/NoMoVMK.jpg

LittleDragonErin
10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
A trackball?! I'd rather play the minigames with a touchpad. -_-'

I like the arcade cabinet look. Bet they stole that from Monkey. He designed one for my userpage layouts on other fan sites. Bet he's scratching his head wondering where his royalties are now. Hehe!

I noticed on the WDW card posters they have the four seasons cards in there. Hmmm...

Lazarus_long
10-23-2007, 11:54 PM
is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that the WDW card poster has the "play in-park quests - earn rewards" now that they have stoped doing the quests? Or are we to take it that the quests will be coming back? Can we dare to dream that one day they might bring back the tour?

chrisb26
10-24-2007, 12:35 AM
I do like the look of those new quest machines they look great. It also seems good that they made them people have been saying bad things for VMK's future but I dont think Disney would have spent the money to put them back especially with a new look like that if VMK where to be closing soon.

is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that the WDW card poster has the "play in-park quests - earn rewards" now that they have stoped doing the quests? Or are we to take it that the quests will be coming back? Can we dare to dream that one day they might bring back the tour?

I do find that funny that they still have that poster up it is a newer poster as you can tell from certain cards that are there like the season cards. But what is strange is that poster had to have come out after some of those quests ended because the Frontierland Quest retired before the season cards came out. So not sure why they made it like that. I can't remember if that poster was there in May I know they had one that was simular but I don't think I payed much attention. I dont think they took them down yet which is strange because the building has closed and is being converted into the Art of Disney.

What I want to know is what they did with all the extra quest cards they had to have had. When they closed DLR's VMK central place they could have just sent the extra cards to WDW for their quests but now that WDW quests have ended what do they do with the extras? I would hope not just toss them.

JPL
10-24-2007, 08:38 AM
What I want to know is what they did with all the extra quest cards they had to have had. When they closed DLR's VMK central place they could have just sent the extra cards to WDW for their quests but now that WDW quests have ended what do they do with the extras? I would hope not just toss them.

Maybe you should do some dumpster diving on your trip :diver: ;)

I like the arcade cabinet look. Bet they stole that from Monkey. He designed one for my userpage layouts on other fan sites. Bet he's scratching his head wondering where his royalties are now. Hehe!

The WDW machines always had more of an arcade type look to them so I'm guessing they just modernized the design.

terri.m
10-24-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm finding it odd that they are advertising in park quests as well. And did you see the character on a flying carpet???

Lazarus_long
10-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I was ignoring that picture. I have had my dreams of flying carpet magic crushed too many times, :bang: I honestly don't care anymore what they do with that magic pin. :blowup: But it would be cool if they actually did give us new magic.

TinkRocks
10-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Let's just hope that if VMK computers do return to WDW that they have new keyboards (instead of those awful gold things that rarely worked).

JPL
10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Let's just hope that if VMK computers do return to WDW that they have new keyboards (instead of those awful gold things that rarely worked).

I hear you on that one :thumbsup:

varcity
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
easy semi cost effective a way to give in park vmk quest items: machines.

Used like fast pass systems, your park ticket is inserted to get you x ammount of cards. special events give random cards to be inserted for more cards.

con: people using MANY peoples park ticket for their virtual benefit. Yes, it's sad people still believe that the virtual stuff is real :mickey:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
10-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Looks pretty cool, but I haven't gone to the Innoventions before it was new so I can't really compare :P I really gotta go there one day :D