PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion

WDWFREAK101
10-22-2007, 05:39 PM
So i tried watching the ride video on youtube to see what was new about it, but it was too dark. All i saw that was new was a room with a lot of Dr. Seuss like staricases with footprints going across. Anything else new or different? I missed the opening by one day and the next time i go is this December. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!!!!!!!!!! :mickey:

Anyway, somebody please tell me. I really want to know!!

BugeyedMuggy
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Not to wreck the ride for you but the stretch room is alot cooler, The footsteps as you mentioned, Madame Leota is ALOT cooler, and many other things. You definately have to do it a couple of times to catch everything. Don't walk too fast past the tombs on the way out.

WDWfanatic742
10-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Any videos from anywhere don't show the ride anywhere close to how good the ride is and never has. The only way to truly experience it is to go out and ride it yourself.

crazeedizneefinatic
10-22-2007, 07:47 PM
The improvements are cool. Here is what I observed. The stretch room audio actually really sounds like he is walking around the room. I did not notice too much else in there except a little sprucing up. I guess the audio on the Doom Buggy's was updated too but I did not notice it? Sounded the same to me? The beginning is different and cool. You go pass some windows and it is thundering and lightning and when it does the portraits on the wall to your right change to skeletons, really cool effect and hope they come out with portraits like that to sell. The staircase and footprints are awesome, we had to ride it a few times just to catch everything. The attic scene is updated with pictures of "the bride" and her husbands without heads, super creepy! The bride also has had a major overhaul. It really looks like a ghost not just a stuffed prop with lights. The graveyard scene is pretty much the same just not as many pop up guys from behind things, something my son was happy about. I am sure I am missing a few minor details but someone will pick up on it and list it.

Polynesian Dweller
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
The staircases are actually an Escher diagram and well done. Most parts of the ride have been re-done to some extent, some parts more than others. The graveyard scene updates the effects with modern technology effects. Same with the ballroom and there have been a couple of changes there to better tell the story.

I'd say the improvements really are improvements in all cases and modernize it in a good way. Gone are some of the worst effects and the entrance hallway is a great improvement, much spookier with the lightening.

devoted93
10-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Are there a lot more singing ghosts in the graveyard or was it just my impression from not having seen it in a while? I could have sworn they added quite a few new ghosts in there.

DisneyDudet
10-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Changes to pay attention to:
Queue area
Stretch room-audio and at the end of the scene
Doom Buggie loading area- right wall once in the buggy
First few rooms-pictures on the right when lightning strikes
Stair Cases
The "eye catching" wall paper
Attic Scene (I had to ride it a few times to take in all of it completely because there is so much new stuff in such a quick time)
Madame Leota
Ballroom scene-added ghosts and generally brighter
Graveyard seen
General Audio of the whole ride

For a full discussion of updates and spoilers, check out this thread (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111719).

I think it was great! Makes HM much better!

Now if only they would do Haunted Mansion Holiday...

Dsnygirl
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
When I last went (May '06), I was so sad to see the ride looking so tired and old -- it was depressing to go on. So, when we just went 2 weeks ago, I was THRILLED with how much they've done to update it!! Not only the new additions/changes, but just how they've cleaned it up and refreshed it - no video will do it justice - unfort., you'll have to wait just a little longer to see just how great it is in person. Enjoy!! :hmghost: :ghost: :bat:

pennsy22
10-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Am I the only one that feels that the Doom Buggy's have been sped up?:confused: Always before when you came out of the stretching room there would be a large crowd. Now it seems that you've got to run through the queue line to get into a Doom Buggy. I even noticed that people couldn't keep up and some cars went empty. Is it just me? Please, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the changes.:thumbsup: I am very happy that they didn't make major changes. Example - Journey Into Imagination. I miss Dream Finder and the old Figment. :mad: Even the update doesn't do it for me.